2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.Blame the dubs

I don’t think that’s possible?

No, the “story” goes that he was available to the highest bidder and the two Crokes teams didn’t realise they were bidding against each other. The hurlers won the auction.

1 Like

I don’t know to be honest but thought galvin continued to play for finuge while hurling with crokes

Cathal Malone transferred to the Bridge in hurling but still plays his big ball with us, but that is two seperate clubs again

I know crokes hurling used to run a very successful race day in leopardstown I think which helped to cover costs of bringing in likes of daly and baker to manage them

They still run it. Well not this year.

Huge infighting historically. To the extent a lot of lads who came to the club after moving to the area would have taken a step back rather than get caught in a crossfire.

Central fund but a lot of separate fundraising. Hurlers have a year book out for Christmas to raise money.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d assume they are the biggest adult hurling club in the country in terms of playing numbers. Think they had six teams across the 10 hurling divisions in Dublin a few years back. That would be more hurling teams than the whole of Mayo.

Assume underage is ran as a joint force and then separate at adult?

But do ye have a hurling team and do SMB have a football one?

Hurling and football are seperate entities here. Footballs won’t get in past the knives in the Bridge

Ennistymon are junior a in hurling. Sixmilebridge have no football but their used to be a standalone football club in the parish a junior level, name escapes me and not sure if they still field.

@Raylan did Malone miss out on a year or two of football and then transfer back in football as an isolated player?

Didn’t leave the football side or skip as such, just wasn’t really available for anything outside of the actual championship games.

1 Like

Kilmurrey I think was the name of the football club in the bridge.

Not sure about numbers but they defo seem to getting a better player out of underage set up than boden .

Used to be the way if a club fielded adult teams in both then a player couldn’t play for another club but if they were standalone they could. Eoin McDonagh was playing for Barna and Ballindereen at one stage and when the latter gave football a lash they set up as a separate club so as not to cause him hassle

Which ironically enough is the part of the parish where a lot of their best hurlers come from

Is the Bridge a big place? They seem to hoover up a lot of Clare Senior hurling titles for what I’d imagine is a relatively small area?

I am told that the village itself is turning a soccer area. Seems to be the game of choice with the influx of new families which have moved to Sixmilebridge. They haven’t had too many players in county minor teams over the last few years either.

Got a taxi driver one night from ennistymon who was rightly peeved off at Malone moving to the bridge.