2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.Blame the dubs

Not sure what point Cavanagh was trying to make there.

He wasn’t, o Rourke caught them all by surprise and in fairness o se tried to back him but isn’t a great debater. Cavanagh thought about it at the break and said better to be in the rte safe zone

O’Se was conflicted as he didn’t want to go there.

O’Rourke who is a fucking idiot try and go there but Joanne cut him off on a few occassions.

Cavanagh just started spouting shite about you can’t say that against the players.

Do ye remember the “blue book” lads? That was gas.

2 Likes

RTE wont have a negative word said against their own, Cantwell nearly shit herself when she let slip of how do we stop these cunts ruining the game.

Lies.

1 Like

They’re not laughing now.

We learned the cunts

1 Like

Football is in a sorry sorry state up here, anyone claiming Donegal or Tyrone would have given the Dubs a better test this evening is completely misguided.
For the last 15 years up here finding a manager who can come up with some nonsense tactic gimmick has been the focus of everyone’s attention, and the need to actually develop young footballers of skill has been totally ignored. Everyone has been looking for the shortcut to success that Tyrone and Donegal used. Hardly any minor or U20s won, last club win was Crossmaglen, only senior All-Irelands won this century were mainly due to them gimmick managers. That’s from a province where only football is played really and that in the 1990s would have considered itself the strongest football province on the island.
McBrearty and McManus (2 Clarkes at a push) probably the only genuinely top level forwards to come through in the last 15 years from the 9 counties, its a shambles. Signs that things are slowly changing in some counties now but still a few of them gimmick managers to be purged.

1 Like

Donegal and Tyrone are better teams than Cavan so yes they would have given Dublin a better game. Although I’d agree that it still wouldn’t have been enough. Some signs of promise with Tyrone now having decent forwards like Canavan, McShane and McKenna.

A lot healthier that Connacht football in any case.

Loads of absolute top drawer forwards in Ulster.

A better game yes, but they wouldn’t beat them if they played them ten times. Dublin were in first gear there

Meath are a better team than Cavan, you saw what the Dubs done to them. Donegal and Tyrone have a style of football that keeps the margin of defeat lower, but Cavan showed good courage this evening and had a go though clearly limited.
Conor McKenna was 5 years in Australia kicking an oval football, he was hardly back in Tyrone a wet week and he was the teams main scoring freetaker. That shows you what the standard of the rest of the Tyrone forwards is like.

McKenna was the freetaker for the minor side before he left. He had an Opel player of the month award and a couple of man of the match awards in his back pocket the first month he was back playing.

You would expect a lad who was a professional athlete for the past 5 years to make an impression around the field, but for him to be the teams best and most accurate kicker of the ball despite not playing for 5 years is downright embarrassing. Colin O’Riordan won’t be kicking any scoreable frees for Tipp tomorrow, despite being a mainly hurling county they can at least produce 2 quality forwards.

I’m not sure how Kerry would feel about splitting up the Dubs. If they voted for it at Congress would it be the equivalent of waving the white flag. Kerry and Mayo have not been that far away from the Dubs who let’s face it have at this moment 5 o6 of the best players to play the game. Dean Rock and McCarthy are in their 30s. Cluxton is nearly 40 and the Fenton, Kilkenny are hitting their late 20s. You could say that when Brogans left that they didnt skip a beat but are there more players of same calibre coming. Kilkenny could have quite conceivably done a 7 in a row in the hurling only for Tipp interjecting in 2010. And after Clare won in 2013 they won 2 more. I’m not sure as a Tipp supporter that it would have sat easy with me if that rivalry was diluted because we could never beat them.

The competitive advantage for Dublin lies in the club game. They are run like an SME. In a juvenile set up at u12 or U14 level in other counties you might have 2 coaches putting players through their paces. In Dublin they have different stations with a coach assigned to each one where they practice each individual skill and hone these skills. This feeds through to schools. John Heslin tweeted a picture last week of a schools game taking place at 8.00 in the morning before they went into class. This doesnt go on anywhere else from what I can see. Dublin GAA was facing an existential threat from growth of rugby and now they are drawing in players from traditional private rugby school areas. Dublin have every advantage and are professional in everything but name and that gap needs to be bridged. What happens if Dublin A play Dublin B in AI final. Do we spit them in 4 then. Is it sustainable to be handicapping a team for being successful. Every young player in the country deserves same amount of funding as a Dublin player and for a period of time more full time coaching, investment in centres of excellence and bringing schools on board needs to be done elsewhere to get some kind of equity.

2 Likes

Colin O’Riordan won’t be spraying pinpoint passes off the outside of his boot or hitting 3 goals from play against Div 1 opposition on his first two competitive games back either.

McKenna is a once in a generation talent, one of the few to make over in Australia.

He’s the player Shane Walsh wishes he was. You know Shane Walsh, the lad missing frees off his weaker foot in injury time because Galway didn’t have a left footed free taker worth their salt?

Doofus.

Apologies to Cavan. I got that one wrong, well they still wouldn’t have beaten them I guess

I thought you knew football… Then I didn’t… Then I did… Then I thought your were a wum and then I thought you were as mad as a bag of badgers… And you are…

1 Like

A chastening night for Ulster Football to see their game but limited standard bearers put to the sword to the tune of 15 points by a Dublin team in 2nd gear.

3 Likes