2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.Blame the dubs

The softer pitches will definitely be a small bit of a leveller anyway. Hard pitches suit everything about the dubs style

He was with the squad during the league, played in the last league game against Tyrone.

I’d say he’s not arsed with the farce of a Championship this winter and will return in 2021.

It will be interesting to see if many other big names from the top 6/7 counties make similar choices.

I remember reading mccaffrey a few years back in the Sunday independent saying he hated not been able to help the club. Obviously was telling the truth and decided to help them out in he’s prime. To be fair he has nothing else to achieve with Dublin.

I’d say he’s seen enough of diddly dessie. His dad has often been at odds with the CB about club v county. Jacks a sound fella.

McCaffrey will be a huge loss,soft pitches or not.One of the best 3 footballers in the country.

They will have every meaningful game in Croke Park though, the state of the pitch is unlikely to be an issue for them. Big loss to Dublin, one of the best footballers in the country and a pity he won’t be playing but great also to see an independent minded lad show the way.

Why do they think he’s retiring? He’s only in his prime coming up to 27. He took a year to go traveling in 2016 and came back sure.

1 Like

He seems to do his own thing fair play to him.Hes a credit to his family

1 Like

Qualified as a doctor, travelled the world, gave a great drunken display at the All-Ireland after party and one of the games finest ever wingbacks. And yet plodders who wouldn’t stand out in a club game will tell you that being an intercounty player means you can’t have a life outside the sport.

7 Likes

he won a junior e championship with one of the clontarf hurling teams a few years back when he took a year out!

What does that mean? You saying he has a life outside intercounty football?

He won a minor a u20 all irelands with Dessie as manager. His Dad was a selector on the minor team. Him and Dessie would be close. Stop spoofing.

2 Likes

Serious water under the bridge since then. Diddlys been squeezed.

Jack is a great man.

He was drinking bottles of Corona and reading his newspaper on the train down from Heuston to the Munster hurling final last year in Limerick.

After one of the Super 8 games last year he went into one of the pubs near Croke Park and got a pint of Guinness and a toasted sandwich.

9 Likes

He seems like a very grounded fella

1 Like

Sindo trying to read between the lines and failing miserably as usual.

1 Like

What they saying ?

This is a huge blow to Dublin’s chances. Jack is a Rolls Royce of a footballer. Opposition teams always need a plan for him. We would have been beaten by Kerry the first day last year only for his Tour de France. We are still in the mix for six but the odds just got a nice bit longer.

1 Like

Howard will have to go back to wing back I’d say.

Yeah. Murchan is going to struggle on softer ground. Dublin’s backline was beginning to creak last year it’ll creak a bit more now