2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.Blame the dubs

Nothing lasts forever.

It would be no harm for someone else to win it this year. As long as it’s not dem Kerry cunts

The drop in standard from Gavin to dessie is incalculable, I’d say more will pull the plug in the next year or two

At this stage it is very hard get enthused about the football championship .

If it was a time commitment thing you’d have thought he could have finished out this year handily enough.
He seems like the kind of fella who just quits if he’s not enjoying it. Which takes serious guts. I guess with 5 all Ireland medals in your pocket, a POTY, and a MOTM in an all Ireland final. You might feel you haven’t much left to prove to anyone

So it’s was Gavin that made them great not funding

1 Like

Jack would be his own man like his father Noel before him. Complete head the balls from one viewpoint but absolute diamonds from the other.

1 Like

I’m surprised that more players especially from weaker counties don’t quit to concentrate on their clubs. Donegal, Tyrone, Dublin, Kerry, Galway and possibly mayo only counties with a realistic chance of winning all Ireland. That leaves 26 counties with zero chance. Hard to motivate yourself.

Jack has a career going as a doctor, he’s fairly newly qualified, he’s 27 and he had the luxury of a county and set up that allowed him to hang in there during his student and training days and win 5 All Ireland medals. He can concentrate now on moving up the ranks in medicine maybe to consultant level.

Likes of Dr Tom Devine in Waterford more or less figured out it was a waste of time killing himself with the hurling with little prospect of the big prizes and jacked it in at 21 or 22 to concentrate on his medical career.

1 Like

I was looking at the draw there the other day and Westmeath play the dubs in first round . Must br difficult for a Westmeath player to be enthusiastic .

1 Like

Jack has never won Ireland’s fittest family though

Was just thinking the same. There’s no backdoor either I assume? A real pity for a team who had been going well enough in division 2 to draw the short straw.

1 Like

Did Tom Devine win Ireland’s fittest family?

Look at you keeping a close eye on the gaa threads

Yes, mate. The best gga player isn’t pushed about gga mate

That’s a nonsensical response. I asked why you paid them so much attention. Ease up on the usage of mate there by the way

Dont waste your time mate it’s not worth it.

So easy to reel him in :rofl:

Yes

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.the42.ie/tom-devine-irelands-fittest-family-2500711-Dec2015/%3Famp=1

He’s been a punching bag for me for years. Gotta keep the right jab sharp.

1 Like