2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.Blame the dubs

Abbotstown. Not many counties got a training centre built where they only have to make a minimal contribution but have the availability of said centre. But every other county can also use it too tho, so it’s all good

There is that

So let’s just ignore decades of special funding and treatment dublin got is it? Ok

I reckon he’s smart enough to know what you were referring to.

I didn’t say that.

Youre not exactly recognising much is wrong here

5 lads replying at the same time at 11:47 at night.

Go to bed lads, this one is done. Save the bandwidth.

Dublin don’t use it. They kitted out the gym but couldn’t get in to use it and also had every Tom dick and Harry in looking at them working out. They stripped out their gear and moved it to Parnell park. They use inisfails and DCU. Abbotstown have strict limits on how much each club and county use it.

1 Like

They’ve ruined the sport, with the national broadcaster in full cahoots. Cant let this lie.

If you removed all the funding from Dublin I honestly don’t think it would make a difference.

They have all the same advantages in hurling and yet have made little progress really in the last 7 or 8 years.

There you go @gman, no Dublin club/gaa player use abbotstown.

Head off to bed there, you’ve been taught.

1 Like

I would hazard a guess that Cork have more playing numbers than Dublin. They have the biggest number of clubs by far.
There’s plenty counties should be competitive with Dublin. Cork, Kildare and Meath chief among them.
These counties if properly ran and resourced can, could and would run Dublin close. There might be a million people in Dublin but there’s a huge % of that who don’t give a fuck about Gah.
What is clear is that there are 10-15 counties who population wise have absolutely no hope of ever coming near Dublin no matter what they do. That’s a different problem altogether and I’m not sure how you address it. Amalgamations seems the obvious one but would counties have any interest in that. The great thing about the GAA is it’s where you are from. Would Sleitrim have the same following?

1 Like

I have plenty times on here .

Pre funding they were a joke in hurling. Post funding they won a league, a Leinster and have competed in multiple all Ireland underage finals. It brought huge improvement, hurling proves it. If not for it there’d be an argument saying it was all Jim Gavin.

That doesn’t justify Dublin being given multiples of funding for coaching development because of senior managerial appointments. Yeah, they’ve had two shite managers in a row, firstly appointing a local based one with no experience and then took a chance on Galvin that turned out shite.

But manager appointments have nothing to do with coaching development money. When wexford appointed Jason Ryan I doubt anyone expected him to lead them to an all Ireland semi final. That could easily have been a disaster, but they took a punt and it worked. others haven’t.

1 Like

Thank God. I must book the club in for a session there now I know Dublin teams don’t use it.

1 Like

Given their inherent advantages the GAA accidentally achieved equilibrium for decades by not pumping millions and millions in funding into Dublin. It kept them at a reasonable level. Not dominant but still second to Kerry in football titles won. As soon as the funding taps were opened and left open it was game over. It was just a matter of time.

1 Like

No Dublin fella has ever stepped inside the gate since they took out MDMA’s boom box.

I said earlier, the gaa lucked out that Dublin were a bit of a basket case. But when gaa became more than just a minority pursuit and when the cash was added it became inevitable

But the gaa recognised this! They made the funding conditional on a split, only then to abandon that.

Dubs live in your head pal…it’s scary.