2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship.Blame the dubs

So no counter argument. Got it.

Not at all. I’m just observing everyone else seeing what I’ve known for the best part of a decade. I’m okay with how things are. My peace is made. You are trying to create a narrative I simply don’t have.

Look it, he’s grand. He knows the way it is. It’s the hollow. And that’ll ring deep over time.

To mick dara’s boombox ???

Lovely moving of the goalposts

And out of all that post, that was the only comment you made. I also never inserted goalposts, read it again. Abbotstown is used by a large majority, by Dublin Gaa.

I’ve said all along it’s not good for the game that Dublin are dominating … I agree that money should be given to other counties now…bit I also think gilroy is right that throwing money to county boards who lack the necessary skills is not a good idea … l also don’t think Dublin are a team of robots , they have outstanding footballers.I don’t think the whole thing is a conspiracy but more a runaway train that needs addressing

1 Like

Too late. Games gone. The warning signs were there. People, you included, didn’t want to see them.

It’s grand. This is the way he wants it, well he gets it.

Maybe I’m not arguing the money aspect because I agree?

Me included? sure what say do i have FFS ? I haven’t been in a gaa club in over 10 years :joy:
You’re being very dramatic.

1 Like

Laugh all you like. It really doesn’t matter. I didn’t address you, I answered your reply to me. The truth has been there for years. I’m just glad it’s being seen by all now.

Enjoy the All Ireland Final.

1 Like

I will .it will be a humdinger. I’ve a sneaking suspicion for a Mayo win …

I bet you do. Have fun.

I trained in Abbotstown in early 2020 with a dublin gaa club, paid small enough money for a weekly one hour slot on the hurling wall, associated astro patch with it . did so a previous year as well

There were a number of inter county teams using the various facilities some on a weekly basis , i dont recall seeing a dublin inter county team training there, it was other counties

Couldnt speak more highly of the staff there, very courteous, efficient, friendly, great mix of teams floating around using the various facilities from junior club hurling teams to inter county teams. Abbotstown is as accessible to many clubs in Kildare and Meath as it is to some Dublin clubs , came across meath clubs there actually

6 Likes

I thought that was a bit disingenious by Gilroy to be honest. Yes their job is schools focused, but they coach in the club as well , coach the coaches, takes sessions with various teams. A GPO in a Dublin GAA club doesnt coach every team in the club but has big presence in the juvenile club beyond the school

lets be fair, that is a huge boost

but he made some great points, between the 2 canals the GAA has failed as he said. O’Tooles leaving the 5 lamps north inner city area to move to Ayrfield hasnt proved to be a good move for them or the GAA in the north inner city

The narrative is that Dublin have a National training centre financed for them where they don’t train there at all.

1 Like

anyone that spreads that narrative isnt dealing in facts in terms of the county team.

it is a useful facility for club teams in dublin though

You said Abbotstown was built for Dublin.

If any Dublin club or County team use it they have to pay for it. Slots are like gold dust and preference is given to county teams. Dub footballers never use it. The Hurlers occasionally use it. Westmeath Hurlers, Cavan footballers, Roscommon footballers and Meath footballers all use it regularly. Saying it was built ‘for’ Dublin is disingenuous and I’d say you know that.

1 Like

Dublin hurling was improving before the funding kicked in. Dublin schools won an All Ireland Colleges in 2003 and Dublin Minors won Leinster in 2005 and 2007 bridging a long gap. But don’t let the facts get in the way of your eternal whingeing.

1 Like

Abbotstown was built in Dublin using Gaa funding and is used primarily by Dublin Gaa. Dublin Gaa contributed a minimal amount. They pay to rent it. Great. I’ll get the Gaa to build one in wexford too sure and we can pay to use it as we go too. I never once mentioned anything about the senior footballers using it nor did I ever imply that either. It was also a very small detail in a longer overall point, yet this was the only part any Dublin person on here had an issue with.

1 Like