2020 Hurling and Football Club Championships

50 in favour, 48 against.

Is a captains importance somewhat over rated? If a lad is a leader he’ll lead whether he’s the captain or not I think.

It’s a lot to ask of a young fella though with the commitments for press etc. but then a young fella has more time for it than an auld fella at the same time.

Tis in the GAA anyway.

I think the feeling was, that it weighed heavier on being tossed upon a chap. There’s quite a few examples in recent years where young lads just on the panel were captain and they sunk beneath it.

The argument that Dublin have won 5 in a row with Cluxton can be picked to shreds easily enough given all the other reasons they won 5 in a row. Also you could counter argue that him being captain for them all took the honour away from a number of other players who could easily have done the job and brought honour to the Club and themselves into the bargain.

Ah that’s an absolute bogman of a reason… Bring honour to the parish by being captain is nonsense… I’d say winning 5/6 all irelands is honour enough…

But Shur they’re winning them anyway, you’re telling me Cluxton is the key to those All Ireland’s? It’s a different story when it’s your clubman lifting the trophy, not that I’d have a fucking clue mind you.

I don’t think it’s a big an issue with a team like dublin who is captain … Like you said dubs would have won 5 with Cluxton as captain or not…maybe its because gaa clubs are not as parochial in dublin that captain isn’t a big deal…

Do you think we would have won 5 with Diarmuid Connolly as captain. I think not. It would have been good craic though.

Connolly is the exception in fairness… Maybe Small for indiscipline on field . gavins whole ethos was the collective which diminishes the role of the captain. I think the dubs would have won with any of kilkenny, Fenton, Cooper, mccarthy as captain.

It didn’t matter who Kerry had as captain for the last decade . Dublin are miles ahead and will remain so . Inter county football is dying .

Don’t tell us. Dublin have an unfair advantage by getting themselves fit.

How many was he vice captain for

The Dubs are finished, I wouldn’t worry about them dominating forever they won’t last the year

If vice captain is in charge of organising the personal. Lots

JAMES O’Connor, who led Fr O’Neill’s to Premier Intermediate glory last season, is leaving the East Cork club to become the new coach of All-Ireland senior club champions Ballyhale Shamrocks.

Big shoes to fill

Good fixture change by the gaa. All Ireland club semis at the weekend would have been a wash out.

1 Like

Null and void for 2020.

Gaa looking after clubs post covid is a total laugh as shown by carry on in wexford. Could easily play inter county championship before Christmas and all Ireland club after Christmas but clubs don’t make money.

Is it true the GAA are still planning on concluding the leagues? Wtf is that about?

It’s a complete disgrace.

Give me Ballygunner vs Na Piarsaigh or Kilcoo vs Crossmaglen any day over Limerick vs Waterford or Armagh vs Down.

Please God AIB take a stand on this.

1 Like