2020 Hurling and Football Club Championships

The Limerick posters will be delighted to hear that Joe Quaid is working wonders with our lads as team coach.

Club legend Tom Moylan is manager

Is Mahony still hurling away with you? Another enjoyable weekend of hurling. Clonoulty impressive v Nenagh tonight. Sars the pick of them though so far.

He is. Went back centre back the last game actually (has been playing full back more in recent years). Sure he’s a few years younger than myself still.

Yea he wouldn’t be that old. 35 or 6. Saw the team sheet last night but hadn’t clocked him. Have yet many coming through to sustain it at senior?

Cracking start to the Antrim SHC today. Dunloy were held at home by Ballycastle, 17 points apiece. Ballycastle weren’t expected to get near the holders. Cushendall had a penalty in injury time to snatch a draw with Loughgiel but it hit the post was cleared and the ref blew it up. And in the big Belfast derby St Johns snatched it with a point in injury time to defeat Rossa.

6 Likes

They’re playing 10 round robin games in the Carlow senior hurling championship to eliminate one team and decide the semi-final pairings. Every team gets 4 outings in the group.

We’ve more than enough to stay at SOR level (I.e. there are plenty of shite teams below us). Be surprised if we go to Dan Breen in next few years though.

Mahony wasn’t actually playing last night according to a source but did play v Clonakenny Not sure what the story was. Will find out

Bookies had Dunloy priced up at 1/20 today. Loughgiel looked a fair bit better than Cushendall despite the late chance for the leveller.

1 Like

No wonder Cork football is fucked…playing with a kids football

Hon Agan.

Another thrilling Sunday in Group 1 of the Antrim SHC. Ballycastle at home to St John’s were 1 point up at ht thanks to County star Ciarán Clarke’s goal and freetaking. At the throw in for the 2nd half one of the Ballycastle midfielders got a 2nd yellow so were up against it. It was nip and tuck up to the water break. Then with less than 10 to go St Johns scored 1.1 for a 4 point lead. But Ballycastle sub Diarmuid McShane hit 1.1 and added to a free by Clarke were a point up on the 28th minute. Then another Clarke free in the 32nd minute looked to have clinched it. But back came St John’s with a point from a free and then in the 37th minute an equaliser from play. It was great entertainment.

As well as watching this game a lot of people were looking at the phone for updates from Rossa vs Dunloy. Rossa led all the way and in the 36th minute of the 2nd half were 5 points up. Then In the 42nd minute of the 2nd half Dunloy scored a 20 metre free to grab a draw!

So going into last round next week it’s very tight:
St John’s 3 pts
Ballycastle and Dunloy 2 pts each and Rossa on 1 point but still very much in it.

6 Likes

Big upset in Kerry hurling championship with Shane Conways Lixnaw felled in the first round by general also rans Abbeydorney.
Kilmoyley beat ardfert in what was a 50/50 game.
Causeway and Ballyduff beat Crotta and Ballyheigue as expected but both games a bit closer than predicted.
Straight KO. Fair harsh, and completely unnecessary in an 8 team championship.

2 Likes

Covid case in Ballyboden. Adult player.

Just the 3000 members, so they’re not closing down.

Is the football straight KO in Kerry?

One is I think and one isn’t

They have the two championships And the county league for the football so it doesn’t leave much room for error. The proper one isn’t but it’s a backdoor rather than a group but it’s always that. Club is straight KO but again I think it’s always that. They take the league very serious there though as well

This year the club championship is groups and the county championship thing is I understand knock out

It’s a miserable enough spectacle in front of nobody but this is a fine game in Austin Stack Park.

Cul na mbliaina there to seal it for Dr Crokes.