2020 Hurling and Football Club Championships

With regards the intercounty season, the first priority should be concluding the leagues when there are only a couple of rounds remaining.

+1

It will really punish a club who win a rare county title and can’t go on and have the novelty of competing in the provincial championship.

To be honest if a team wins a county title out of the blue after a long gap they won’t give two fucks that there isn’t a provincial or all Ireland competition.

It is more a punishment for the super clubs

12 Likes

The likes of Cuala/Ballygunner/Kilcoo will be seething

1 Like

Yeah they’d be in the pub for the week after winning county but it’s still a once in a career opportunity.

Poor Davy has sixmilebridge training away all through the pandemic for only a shot at the county title. Shame

The likes of Ballyhale or Corofin won’t mind though.

I was talking to a Cuala man about it last week and he was bulling about it.

Will the likes of Corofin even take the county championship as serious this year knowing there is no path to an All-Ireland from it? A number of the clubs that may end up winning a rare county title might only do so because of the situation anyway.

Ballyhale would hardly have gone far anyway but I’d have liked to see Corofin get a shot at 4 in a row.

I doubt any of the big clubs will bother too much this year. County medals aren’t worth a dam to Cuala or Kilcoo or these clubs.

I’d say they’ll either change their minds on it or An enterprising club will organise it themselves like they do for the junior b

Run it off over the month of Jan or whatever

Armagh and Down is a classic. The championship game between last year was probably the game of the season.

I’d say if you won a championship this year after being told there wasn’t going to be one all year, you’d be happy enough with your lot. The bigger issue would have been trying to find a pub for the Monday Club

They can still win 4 in a row

Limerick and Waterford have been total crackers the last 2 years allright. Limerick winning by about 20 points. I’d imagine ballygunner v na pairsaigh be a lot more competitive.

Something very special about being in Semple Stadium on cold November Sunday’s watching the Gunners and the Sky Blues go toe to toe.

Your mount sion aren’t you? I suppose I can understand the bitterness.

Cuala have 7 Dublin championships… They aren’t exactly finding medals in their change in Dalkey…

They won it last year and the year would be regarded as a complete and utter failure