2020 Hurling and Football Club Championships

Beano - Killeen
Ross - Kilcruise
Chris - Kilcruise
Donie B - Killeen
Donie K - Killeen
Paul K - Killeen

1 Like

I remember reading years ago that Munnelly was the driving force behind a reunion. Obviously didnt work out.

And of course there were other lads who would have been useful players for both clubs over the years, but in fairness, that forward line is intercounty standard.

Granted they might never have gotten out of themselves what they did without the bitterness to drive on past the other, but those 6 footballers would have come through no matter what.

Of course Killeen did transfer in the two Kingstons from a rival junior club, but bygones.

The Conways are schtubborn men.

David Conway was on the Laois team for a good while too wasn’t he?

Jaysus I forgot Davy.

Aye, a very useful forward, was on the Laois U21 team that lost the All Ireland final to Cork in the mid 00’s. Small, but a fucking livewire.

Was it the Conways who owned the field around the church and spread slurry the day of a wedding of a Kileen man?

No comment.

There was foul acts committed on either side. While sharing the pitch at the outset, they would each take down the nets and flags so the other couldnt use them.

We beat Causeway in the end but it was a serious battle. Some intensity for a challenge, got more than a little heated.

1 Like

A game v a Kerry team can be a good workout ok . There is of course always a risk of it getting naughty . Far better though than a tap fest .

If there was a club championship ye could have ended up playing them . A great pity none this year .

I’d sacrifice any number of potential Munster Championship games for one county title. That’s all that matters to me.

1 Like

Ah ya but I love the club championship games .

No doubts at all about that? Don’t know what the odds are but Dunloy haven’t really been up to speed this year. Improving OK but not flying yet. Loughgiel have benn going fairly well but other than young McNaughton looking to the older hands. But a Dunloy Loughgiel final no matter previous form is hard to predict. Is Shorty injured? Did Eddie McCloskey go off injured? Wouldn’t want to put money on outcome.

Slaughneil I think will clean Lynchs with 6 or so to spare over here.

1 Like

btw that Antrim final is on TG4 on Sunday. Might be the last chance some of you who are fans of Liam Watson will get to see him play

Wasnt watson retired?

Like Frank Sinatra …several times :joy:

1 Like

Wasn’t he hurling in London for a spell ??

Warwickshire I think. Played in a All Ireland intermediate or junior final for them a few years ago I think. Could be wrong.

Possibly Lory Maeagher fianl 2018

1 Like

He was some hurler . Though hard managed by some accounts