2020 Hurling and Football Club Championships

Superb hurler. Still can see the style there & the class and did have the reputation of having his head up his arse for long periods of his career.

Dunloy started slowly alright against Ballycastle (gave us false hope that one!) and left it late vs Rossa to get a draw. They looked like a team that still has Slaughtneil on their minds. But after that they eased past St Johns and in the first half vs Rossa they were much better. However, i think Rossa have shown this year they have the team to compete with anyone and they showed that in the 2nd half so need to give credit to them rather than say Dunloy were poor.

Loughgiel on the other hand rode their luck vs St Johns and struggled at the back against Nugent. Now Dunloy dont have a Nugent but they have a lot of fast, skilful forwards who will find a weakness somewhere, maybe yound Declan McCloskey out of minor could be a target for them. James McNaughton and Eddie McCloskey are vital for Loughgiel and if they hit form they will give Dunloy trouble. But still think Dunloy will have too much.

As for Derry Kevin Lynches will throw the kitchen sink at Slaughtneil but the Neiliban will throw it straight back at them and win by 7 or 8.

1 Like

Fair enough. Would fancy Dunloy for no reason other than they seem to have a younger set of players where Loughgiel still looking for Eddie McCloskey and Watson. Only odds I can see is Ladbrokes Dunloy 8/11 Loughgiel 11/8 8/1 the draw

I think those odds are fair enough. However big game this weekend is on Saturday in Armoy when Ballycastle try to end a 30 year wait for a County Minor title. However they are up against a good Loughgiel team who are also holders. In normal times i would make it up for that but being a standalone fixture on a Saturday is no good with matches down here and ticket restrictions of course.

1 Like

I remember he gave an unreal display against Cork one time in a quarter final (I think) but, in true Watson style, should have been sent off early doors

I think he was sent off in that game after scoring half a dozen points from play.

Will that be streamed anywhere?

Himself and Eoin Cadogan had a good old ding dong.

Watson was BOX OFFICE for Loughgeil in those years from 2011-2014.

He absolutely roasted Eoin Cadogan. Took him for about 8 points from play that day in Croke Park.

He (Watson) gave an interview to the Sunday Indo subsequently. Said as he walked up to take his position Cadogan gave him a dig. Watson just turns round to him and goes “you don’t know what you’re dealing with.” :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s exactly how I’d describe him, box office. A properly entertaining hurler to watch

A fucking headcase.

1 Like

He gave an exhibition against Na Piarsaigh in Parnell Park in 2012.

1 Like

He did and in the final too against Coolderry.

In a way he was arguably even more impressive on beaten teams vs St Thomas’s in 2013 and Mount Leinster Rangers in 2014.

St Brendans must have a decent chance with Clifford out @kerry1891?

Fairly miserable spectacle in Tralee.

1 Like

East Kerry holding Brendan’s at bay fairly comfortably here, even if the goal was an awful one to give away

Lads slipping all over the place. Would drive you mad as a manager that grown men can’t get their studs right

I dunno when was the last time I saw a pair of screw-ins in a dressing room tbf

You can get longer mouldies or bigger blades.

Why did TG4 show shit between 2 makey up teams