2020 Hurling and Football Club Championships

Paul Galvin and the notebook.

All pale into insignificance compared to the 2017 final. The greatest game of all time.

Two great teams head to head, game in melting pot. Johnny Small drove those Mayo lads demented.

Honestly, Mayo Mick, Maurice Fitz, Peter Canavan are only trotting after the events of that September Sunday.

This fella might be the greatest WUM on here, I’m starting to think he believes this

What needs to be added for context here is that your idea of a great day out is pints and grub in Heuston station

6 Likes

Surely you’ve something to match that along the lines of a Laois underage team of tramps?

Fin

Are you trying to communicate with me?

Eh, that’s 1973

Are we time limited for iconic moments?

The weird chap said 20 years.

Sure Paul Galvin and the angry Cadogan from Cork have about 10 more iconic flashpoints than poor auld Donie Vaughan for fuck sake

Jimmy barry goal stands the test of time

Pillar Caffrey barging Mickey Moran in the back.

That would be moronic rather than iconic.

2 Likes

@peddlerscross had an ode to Ballymun somewhere earlier too

I think he is just showing a bit of solidarity towards the Dubs given the current situation.

Fair play to you man

You just don’t get it.

The 2016 replay was iconic in a sense for drama but the 2017 final was the pinnacle of the GAA full stop. It’ll never be topped.

The last ever September All Ireland between the best team of all time and an absolutely iconic bunch from Mayo. Mayo almost had it in the bag until Donie Vaughan threw the elbow at Johnny Small.

Fellas here genuinely just don’t get it.

Tbh, all joking aside, the answer is, and will always be

Owen Mulligan selling more dummies than mothercare

Followed closely by Owen Mulligan giving the Hill the eyes.

I love this current crop from Dublin.

They play brilliant football and are the soundest bunch of men you could ever meet.

Tremendous ambassadors for the game.

“A big man is making his way onto the pitch”

What are you shiteing about. The Dubs already had a man sent off. That made it 14 each and cillian oconner missed two frees to put them ahead.

I honestly think that is such an over rated goal… Same move fools them all and then a blast to the net… Gooch goal v dubs in 2011 was a thing of beauty, very under rated goal…