2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

Did Offaly have the full 15 against Kildare 13?

Dublin v Meath
Kildare v Westmeath

Mouthwatering ties

1 Like

Yes.

Kildare red was really harsh at the time. Don’t even think it was a free. They were 8 up at that point.

1 Like

Meath followed by Kildare. If Dublin are to win Leinster they will have to do it the hard way.

1 Like

Not to mention Wexford, a storied footballing county with a 4 in a row history.

2 Likes

It’s these type tests that have meant Dublin are always well prepared for the All-Ireland series if they get there.

2 Likes

No room for complacency. Dessie will need to pull out all the stops to get Cluxton back from his holidays

Dont think Cluxton is on holidays. Think he goes back into school and sweeps up the floors and paints the place during the summer.

9 Likes

:smiley:

I’d nearly believe it too

Whoever emerges from Leinster will be battle hardened. 3 games in Ulster so far and 3 turkey shoots, with double digit winning margins in all 3.

I think Mayo beat Dublin in a semi before losing the final.

He wouldn’t like to talk about it though.

1 Like

If Mayo are to beat the Dubs it will be in a semi. Can see Kerry winning their semi easily. Nothing in Ulster any great shakes Imo. Tyrone and Monaghan gone backwards and Donegal the most overrated side in the country. Will be a compeditive Ulster championship from semi final stage but poor standard. The winner will be the weakest of the 4 semi finalists

1 Like

Monaghan and Armagh have improved.

Donegal and Tyrone gone backwards. Any of the 4 coulf win it.

The extent of McManus injury will be crucial. I think you could make a case to say Monaghan have the best back 6 in the country now. I think they will win Ulster, even without McManus.

1 Like

By my reckoning that’s the closest game Dublin have had in Leinster since their 7 point win in the Leinster final of 2013. Wexford never feared Dublin as Cyril would say.

1 Like

Playing for Wexford since 2006.

1 Like

Dublin will have to coax Cluxton out of retirement. Standards are slipping.

The Dubs will be playing the poor mouth yet that they’ve so little coming through that they’re still reliant on a 40 year old in goal.

The football championship is becoming an irrelevance. One sided hammerings all around. I took the dog for a walk during Galway and Roscommon yesterday. Turgid viewing. Maybe 4 good games in the championship as a whole if we are lucky.

I’d personally admire Cluxton for his stance, if you can’t stand over your principles then it’s pretty much cheerio in another way.