2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

Apologies!

My point was Dublin produced an incredible crop of players right at the same time. It’s highly unlikely for that to stay going forever like Ewan was suggesting. It simply doesn’t work like that.

2 Likes

“Dublin’s B team is the second best team in the country” became the new “Kilkenny’s B team is the second best team in the country”, which itself was the new “heroin is easier to buy than orange juice”.

Agree with you - we’ll have to polish every one we mine.

1 Like

The breeding of those lads is something that’s rarely mentioned.

McCarthy, Rock, Brogan x2, McCaffrey and O’Callaghan are all sons of ex Dublin players/legends.

Funding had absolutely nothing to do with how they came through.

Small x2 father was heavily involved in Ballymun so they were always likely to come through too.

Dublin’s funding has failed for the most part with large parts of the city neglected.

9 of the 21 players used yesterday were from just 2 clubs, Ballymun and Raheny.

4 Likes

Mayo are on the march. Nothing can stop them

The Smalls, for all their pantomime villain status, are from the ‘purchase houses’ in Santry, not the flats in the Vietmun. Their oulfella was a sound bloke and their Aunt, whom I know, is a good BL. Sean Mc Mahon, one of the Raheny lads, is also sound despite being a great-grandson of Mayo-born Charlie McMahon. Now Charlie, who left Mayo at 4 years of age, and subsequently , having moved to Dublin, was shot in the head in the Customs House in 1921. This necessitated the insertion of a steel plate in his head, but this didn’t stop him winning 4 Dublin SHCs with Kevins, or an All-Ireland SHC with Dublin in 1938. Incidentally, Seán had to leave the field on Saturday as a result of a shoulder.

21 Likes

With a month now to the final it gives Mayo a punchers chance. They’ll go close to having Harrison back to full throttle and Mullin available again which will negate the loss of McLaughlin. Their 1st choice backs that’ll be available to them should be able to contain the Kerry attack which by all accounts is their strong point.e

Dublin should be doing all in their power to get Madden back from Australia and McCaffrey and Mannion back. Those 3 along with throwing Archer in the mix would give them a great boost.

Archer will be an interesting one. Astute heads don’t see him making it

It’s an excellent point. Many clubs are the same on a micro level.

Four weeks for the hype to build however.

Who is O’Callaghan’s father?

Maurice.

Played a bit back in the 80’s.

1 Like

The Kerry team must be full of sons of former players?

Mate are the lads hurting?

1 Like

hurled with Westmeath too I think

1 Like

The month will be Mayo’s undoing. A whole month down there with the expectations building and the pressure on the players it will get to them, unless the whole squad have left the country for the next couple of weeks to get away from the madness that will be down there.

1 Like

There won’t be a sheep in Mayo unpainted with the extra week.

2 Likes

Mayo fever will be running wild and there’s no vaccine for that.

1 Like