2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

He’s too big for Keegan I think. Tyrone will be targeting the long ball in.

Will free up Donnelly to go out the field a bit further, think Kennedy might be the guy to make way.

Meyler on Durcan should be a great old battle too.

1 Like

Against Kerry?

Really?

Yes. Kerry beat Tipp, Clare and Cavan to reach the final that year. Mayo had been unlucky in final year previous

1 Like

Congrats btw. Delighted Tyrone won today. Sickening to see Indo ratings there cannot even give northern nationalists fair ratings on a football field

1 Like

Today was a smash and grab in a perfect ambush. Mayo will hardly fall into the same trap. It’ll be a very tight game but I’d fancy Mayo. They haven’t been destroyed by anyone in their countless finals since the 2006 massacre against Kerry.

1 Like

I thought McNamee was superb considering he was on probably the best forward in the game, even the scores Clifford got he barely had an inch and they were fantastic scores under pressure.

The advanced mark is an absolute joke though and has to go.

1 Like

I’d agree with that.

It’s certainly very tight. McLaughlin could be a huge loss for Mayo.

Few of the other battles will be interesting.

Durcan Meyler
Ruane Kilpatrick
O’Hora McShane
Mullin McKenna
D O’Connor Harte
O’Shea Hampsey
Conroy McKernan
Keegan Donnelly

You could see Mayo getting the better of a few of those but I think if Tyrone are in it with 15 minutes to go the bench could again make a serious impact. McLaughlin is a huge loss for Mayo.

McLaughlin will be a big loss alright. Will Mullin be back? I’d say a Mayo 0-17 Tyrone 1-13 type score line. Tyrone’s strongest bench since their heyday in the 00’s.

That was putrid today. Absolutely awful auld shite.

3 Likes

Yeah, serious options there to come in.

Not sure what the issue is Rory Brennan but he’s a solid defender and a good option to come in if available.

Mullin for McLaughlin likely to be the Mayo change. After that there are not too many proven players for Mayo to bring in, Harrison has played very little football and the likes of Darren Coen and James Carr are very hit and miss.

Will McHale start for Mayo?

I’m delighted to see the entire forum hold such respect and admiration for this Tyrone team. It’s really heartening to see that credit is given where it due, that there is no anti-nordie sentiment clouding the eyes of posters and that lads are happy to see @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy with a team to be proud of.
I suppose all this means that the contempt for previous Tyrone teams was equally justified?

1 Like

I’d say Hession could do after his huge impact the last day. Jordan Flynn did well when he came on the last day as well. Its not as strong a Mayo team on paper as 2012-2017 but James Horan is a tremendous manager.

1 Like

Mayo playing a final on 9/11 what could possibly go wrong :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Can Tyrone overcome their Mayo hoodoo?

I forgot about Hession alright. There would be more question marks about those Mayo players and replicating that Dublin performance I think.

Tyrone have a good age profile. Think Donnelly, Harte, McCann and McNamee are 30 and the rest of the team all under 30 with most of them in their mid 20s age range. McGeary, Meyler, Hampsey, R Brennan, Bradley, McShane and Burns all won a AI U21 in 2015 so they are in their peak now. They are proven intercounty players right now.

Guys like Conroy, O’Donoghue, Hession, Mullin, McHale, O’Hora etc while all good players are quite inexperienced at this level.

Tyrone played football today, McShane was a delight to watch , ditto Donnelly on a break or two. the cynical stop play stuff seems to have been bagged. FairPlay to Dooher & Co, the players seem licensed to unleash
If Tyrone play like that in the final then Mayo will have a hill to climb especially if Horan starts Aidan O’Shea

5 Likes

Fuck off you English covid riddled bollox

2 Likes

Whelan still very bitter about the beatings Tyrone dished out to him in his career. Thought the old firm really tried to gang up on Cavanagh there.

1 Like

Sam will be going WTC (west to Connacht).

It’s time for Mayo to win Sam Maguire.

It’s time.

That’s just not cricket, old boy