2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

Exactly what i said. Turgid stuff up to that.

1 Like

The truly great GAA managers have at least 3 All-Ireland senior titles to their name.

Mickey is in that select grouping.

5 Likes

Pat Spillane really made a show of himself with the vaccine schtick.

3 Likes

Agreed. Mcshane wouldnā€™t have signed for Tyrone if it wasnā€™t for harte

2 Likes

It was very similar to the 2019 game I felt. In the first half Tyrone dominated proceedings and were full value for the lead at HT. Lost their way a bit in the 2nd half, aided by Deegan and soft frees and a goal changed the game.

The McShane goal came today at a time when I thought things were beginning to slip for Tyrone, it was a brilliant bit of movement from Canavan but I thought his effort was poor, he had loads of the goal to aim for and blasted it straight at the keeper. Luckily McShane was on hand.

That seemed to energise Tyrone but Coldrick insisted on soft frees for Kerry so they were never out of it.

The vaccine business was ridiculous but the cute hoorism was superb.
Good tv whatever. Brolly would have really set the cat among the pigeons

2 Likes

It was to be fair. I genuinely laughed out loud watching it.

Brolly would have been ideal there.

1 Like

It epitomised being Irish, the yerrah crowd are only sickened they got got

1 Like

Tyrone always play better in the sun.

03 against Kerry - basking hot day.
16 Ulster final v Donegal - basking hot day
18 super 8s decider v Donegal - basking hot day
Games against Donegal & Kerry this year - basking hot days

2 Likes

Bearely even football tbf

The ggga is a very strange thing

1 Like

Apparently the ref favoured Kerry. Laughed out loud at that.

Yer raging mate

I would say for Kerry the fact that they havenā€™t had a real game since the league ended caught up with them. Kerrys forwards didnā€™t know what to do once they got inside the 45 and there was actually defenders there. Cruising through Munster is fuck all use to them and then the covid mess. That said they had at least 3 chances of goal in normal time which they butchered and still got a draw.

Tyrone were absolutely heroic in defence. There was a sequence which ended with Jack Barry in the corner eventually just handpassing the ball to Tyrone because 1. Heā€™s not good enough and 2. Kerry were all out of ideas. They had probed the Tyrone defence about 7 or 8 times, turned back each time and eventually tried to force it down the sideline where Tyrone mopped them up.

Tyrone were a superbly oiled machine. In contrast Kerry were simply clueless. Keane has taken a once in a generation group of Kerry players added them to the bones of a decent side and ended up making them worse than they were. I think a decent manager would win an all ireland with them pretty much immediately.

2 Likes

The fact they were waiting for five weeks killed their freshness

Kerry fucked it away. Could have been 5/6 points up if theyd taken their points. And prior to the mcshane goal they had barely created anything for ages. But Tyrone hung in there. Totally deserved it. Kids were going mental!

1 Like

More lies

5 Likes

For me the big difference in the last few years under harte it hadnā€™t progressed. Was playing negative enough footballā€¦ Under Dooher they are playing ballā€¦ And itā€™s working

When life was life (you donā€™t allow it now though )

love seeing Kerry bet .Tyrone are going to be a serious animal come the final