2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

Free State media be it RTE, radio stations or print media.

You get that in Tyrone football, their most decorated player talked about being “up here in the UK”.

You better specify which sport you’re referring to for him.

The FAI were originally a splinter group of the bigoted IFA 
you can see why they kept the west Brit football in their title.

carson invented it

thats established

Will you get tickets from your club?

1 Like

Fucking hell

Tyrones win has created an incredible amount of seethe. If a Tyrone pundit went spillanes route about Kerry or Dublin I very much doubt they’d still be employed by rte.

1 Like

What was Spillane suggesting Tyrone were up to? It’s all a bit daft. He let himself down with it.

The final will be fruity enough. On and off the pitch.

Some combination of: They had a bit of covid in the camp and this would negatively impact on their team selection, they then held the gaa to ransom by refusing to play by the same rules as other counties. This suited them because it gave 2 important players an extra couple of weeks to recover from injury

1 Like

I’d judge the two teams accordingly.

Morgan 8

McKernan 7.5
McNamee 8.5
Hampsey 8.5

Burns 7
O’Neill 6.5
Harte 8

Kilpatrick 7
Kennedy 7

McGeary 8
Sludden 7.5
Meyler 8

McCurry 8
Mattie 8
McKenna 8

Bench 9

TOTAL 124.5

Hennelly 6.5

Plunkett 6
O’Hora 7.5
Keegan 8

Durcan 9
Coen 6
Mullin 8.5

Ruane 8.5
Loftus 7

DOC 8
McHale 6.5
McLoughlin 7.5

ROD 7.5
O’Shea 7
Conroy 8

Bench 6.5

TOTAL 118

For me, Tyrone have better individual players but that won’t phase Mayo who seem to have developed a fantastic spirit where they just don’t doubt themselves against any team, I just think they’re not on that level they were 5/6 years back. I think guys like Coen, Plunkett and McHale are questionable at this level. Coen has been around a while and he’s never really done it for me, he lacks pace and is poor on the ball. McHale and Plunkett are a bit unproven at this level.

I think looking back at it Tyrone’s performance is probably the more impressive. Mayo were much more decisive winners against Dublin, they thoroughly deserved it and the manner in which they saw it over the line was comprehensive but I really think Dublin were there for taking, they looked like a team lacking in desire and discipline and when Mayo brought the battler Dublin didn’t want it, the writing was on the wall with Dublin in Leinster, they looked really flat this year.

On the other hand Tyrone could just have easily lost to Kerry but Kerry were everyone’s tip this year, it was a real battle, I don’t think hunger was any problem for Kerry. Tyrone were just that bit better on the day and had the breaks go for them. I also think they have more to build on that performance, particularly in attack, I think they won’t have the same detailing job to do on Mayo’s attack as they did on Kerry’s so can give McCurry some better support up front and I also don’t think we’ll get as dominated on kickouts as we did against Kerry.

The concerns I’d have is I don’t think our match ups are as evident for Kerry. I’d say Hampsey will pick up O’Shea who I am a little concerned about if he plays inside, if he’s out around the middle of the pitch I think Tyrone will eat him alive. Conroy is a smashing footballer and very direct, perhaps McKernan the best man for the that job. McNamee might take O’Donoghue but I think it’s not a good match for him, McNamee is the full back and O’Donoghue could wander and pull him out where he is so effective, think McNamee always relishes taking on a physical forward who can score, he generally picks up the main scoring threat - a McBrearty, O’Connor, Clifford, McManus etc. O’Donoghue is a bit of an elusive type forward so I’m not sure who we put on him, if Rory Brennan was available I’d have him in doing that job.

Meyler on Durcan and Keegan on Donnelly are two definite matchups I see happening. Mullin if fit will track McKenna - those three match ups could decide the game. Kilpatrick is a good athletic midfielder so will be the one tasked with tracking Ruane. Kennedy generally tends to have his game run around 40-50 minutes so we need him to impose himself on kickouts for this.

I have a source in Mayo who tells me he expects McLaughlin to be on the bench, really would be a remarkable recovery if he makes it and I think he is an absolutely huge player for Mayo, blistering pace and intensity and certainly a player who could hurt Tyrone.

I’m making the presumption Mullin will make it as 4 weeks should generally clear up a muscle injury like he is said to have.

There’s been no real word on Rory Brennan on the Tyrone side, I presume it’s an injury as he was at Croke Park for the Ulster final but not togged which would point his absence being injury related rather than Covid.

1 Like

Guys lay off the shy and retiring Aido

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

He definitely has a point. It is very strange how much he’s highlighted. Joe brolly is borderline obsessed with him.

3 Likes

You’re out of your mind. He’s a show pony who craves attention with his actions on and off the pitch - you can’t go off crying when people state the bleeding obvious - you’re a show pony twat.

1 Like

Woolie has some love affair with Aidan O’Shea.

Aidan is a good sort

If he had more humility and selflessness then Mayo might have a few All Irelands.