2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

Iā€™ve just pointed out that your argument was disingenuous.

I could only imagine the innuendo that would be associated with Tyrone if they had two players fail doping tests after national finals.

But if itā€™s the golden boy southern county then itā€™s full sweep, sweep mode and it gets expunged from ever being brought up again.

An Ulster referee with an Ulster team in the final. Advantage Tyrone.

5 Likes

they were all over the place.

A free state referee for a free state team.

Advantage Mayo.

Correctā€¦ Itā€™s a very questionable appointment but Iā€™m sure Mayo wonā€™t complain and will just get in with it.

Itā€™s was Irish people call association football.

The Statute of Galway in 1527 referred the what is known as Gaelic Football as ā€œfoot balleā€ so itā€™s logical that it is referred to as football.

Iā€™m not sure that thereā€™s any reference to it as ā€˜Gaelic Footballā€™ prior to the formation of the GAA so it has, most likely, been referred to as Football by Irish people for at least 500 years. @Thomas_Brady as a fellow history graduate you might have something to add?

Partitionist thinking. Ulster football has nine counties.

I enjoy the game of football I must say. the marc and the hand pass over the bar not so

No itā€™s what yanks call association football.

Association football is called football or calcio.

I think youā€™ve nailed it thereā€¦ I suppose I can only add that all contemporary news and sports streams also call it soccer. These institutions usually reflect the wider culture of societyā€¦ It was interesting listening to Roy Keaneā€™s interview with Neville last week, anytime he referred to Ireland and growing up in Ireland he used the word soccer alsoā€¦Irish people call it soccer, west Brits call it football.

2 Likes

Does the F stand for Soccer?

https://www.fai.ie/

Yanks and Irish people.

The term ā€˜soccerā€™ originated in Oxford University as a nickname for as[soc]iation football in the 1860s. They also called rugby ā€˜ruggerā€™.

Unsurprisingly, countries that already had their own form of football like Ireland and the USA tended to use the nickname to avoid any confusion with their native games.

Footix mentioning Gary Neville alert.

Seems your issue is more with Kerry than the free state.

Will you go to the All-Ireland final @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy? They were making a big deal on the radio earlier about an extra 1.5k tickets which is minuscule enough

I might do actually. I wasnā€™t going to go on account of the restrictions and general coercive nature to be vaccinated but it would be great to see Tyrone win an All Ireland in light of all the bitter free state narrative.

3 Likes

No itā€™s more with the Free State.

Kerry just happen to be the pin up boys for the free state commentators.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Mayo will just got in with and I doubt there will be a peep out of them about the fact that an Ulster referee has got appointed with an Ulster team in the final. Itā€™s a very small minority of more soccer type fans really, who see and scream conspiracy and fix, no matter who it is thatā€™s officiating.

Is it rte or generally? You know Sky and BBC NI show football too.