2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

You must be the only person in the world who thinks the Kerry team post post 2008 were better than the Kerry team 04-08.

Are you saying guys like the O’Se’s, Donaghy, Gooch, Declan O’Sullivan, Moynihan etc weren’t very good?

1 Like

That Kerry team played in 6 successive all-Ireland finals. A fine side.

Limerick were regularly putting it up them in that period and they were beaten twice by cork between 03 and 08.

They were a decent team. Tyrone were lucky the competition was so weak during their dominant period.

1 Like

A fine side or did they Benefit from it being a very weak competition.

Canty.

Mickey Harte was a big fan IIRC, said he was the best player in the country outside of Tyrone.

Look you were asked a question. You seem to have a problem facing down your own opinions and just run on to a different one when it’s destroyed.

Have a go.

I was merely agreeing with the point @the_man_himself had made and found myself nodding in agreement with it. I’d agree Rochford set up quite well against Dublin and caused them all sorts of bother in 2016 and 17’ but he didn’t win a Connaught title either and they really struggled against the likes of Fermanagh, Derry and Roscommon. I think they were more consistent under Horan and he basically built the team which would be ultra competitive from 2012-2017. Remember he took over at a low ebb following the John O’ Mahoney years. I think they would have snuck one if he’d stayed after 2014.

He actually took on a far more challenging rebuilding task in 2019 when he returned because there’d been very few changes in the meantime.

So your accepting my point the competition to Tyrone was very weak between 03 and 08?

No, I contended that and challenged your own viewpoint.

You seem to lack belief in your views. Simple question which you’ve dodged.

Sure you regularly dismiss Colm Cooper as a good player. Moynihan was well into his 30s possibly retired around 06??

Simple facts Is 03 to 08 was a very weak era. Tyrone made hay when the likes of Dublin, Donegal and Mayo were crap. They’d a decent Kerry team to contend with who were possibly poorly coached.

Even the likes of Meath, cork, Kildare and Galway were bang average between 03 and 08.

So you are afraid to address your own point?

I’m glad you accepted it was a weak era Tyrone made hay in. The notion it was a golden era is nonsense. 8 arguably 9 of the 10 biggest Gaelic football counties were below average.

Look. You’ve refused to answer a direct question below 4 times now, it deals with the conviction of a statement you made and it’s clear that you have zero conviction in what you say so let’s bring this silliness to and end.

You hade a chance to frame an argument, put forward a case for what you said, instead you decided to remove any credibility from it and contradict yourself. Zero out of 10 were effort and I’d give you negative marks for originality.

Are you trying to say between 03 and 08 the likes of cork and Mayo sides who made all Ireland finals were good teams?? They are an indication of how poor the Standard was.

You have removed any credibility or conviction in your argument. You had an avenue to show you believed what you typed but on numerous occasions you refused to actually back it up when presented with the chance. It’s a very poor effort from yourself.

When someone tries to debate me on here, I actually expect some decent bit of an effort, you waved the white flag within a few posts.

So you are saying the cork and Mayo teams between 03 and 08 were good teams?? They contested three finals between them.

You’ve lost. Move on now.

Why can’t you answer a simple question?? You constantly deride those cork and mayo teams yet they were regularly getting to the final in a period you claim to be a golden age.

They are amongst the worst teams to contest an All Ireland final in my living memory. Absolutely no business being there. Particularly Mayo in '04 & '06.

1 Like

The All-Ireland Tyrone won in 2005 by coming through the back door after a replay defeat to Armagh was very impressive. Came back and beat an emerging Dublin team, a fine Armagh team and then a talented Kerry team in the all-Ireland series. They were knocked out by Mayo, Laois and Meath which tarnishes their brilliance somewhat. Not vintage Mayo or Meath teams, albeit Laois were far better back then.