2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

Advantage the Limerick hammer throwers.

A downpour for the football and glorious sunshine by the time Begley drove home the fifth goal.

1 Like

Ireland v Azerbaijan is on September 4 at 17:00.

I suppose we could forfeit.

Is that at Windsor Park?

1 Like

Jeez, that’s a logistical nightmare so.

Some weekend for Limerick lads

Their hurling team against Cork on a Sunday in an All Ireland final and their football team take on Tyrone the day before.

6 Likes

I know. What happens to Up For The Match now?

The first Late Late Show of the season will be on the previous night.

I wonder will they try an push for the 40k attendance seeing as they’ll be 40k allowed in for the Hurling final the following day.

That won’t be necessary. 33k attended the 2019 semi-final between the same two teams.

2 Likes

No reason there can’t be 80,000 at any of these games given the lack of adherence to any protocols at Croke Park at the weekend.

Social Distancing/Mask wearing was non existent.

Welcome to one hour ago.

They’ve moved one of the Mick Muldoon bog ball semi finals?

You’re an hour ahead in Poland.

There was footage of that on TSG last night. Brought back memories of the lad pausing for a second in disbelief and then going buck ape celebrating in the crowd.

I had generous folk from Monaghan buying me whiskey all night in Coppers that day. A lot less mane than their Cavan neighbours.

1 Like

Say Sligo Co Board won’t be too impressed with this.

No re fixture option for their Connacht semi final last year.

I’d say they didn’t really care. They were down 7 players. They could have fulfilled the fixture if they wanted to. They knew they were getting a hiding.

2 Likes

Rightly or wrongly it had also been documented, that there would be alterations to the fixture list if this sort of thing cropped up at the business end

1 Like

Yup. Fermanagh had to fulfill a fixture with Clare last year when they had a massive Covid outbreak. They were down 11 or 12 players as a result, couldn’t name a full bench and lost but fulfilled the fixture regardless.

What Sligo did last year was poor form IMO. Was also poor form from Donegal forfeiting a McKenna Cup match a few years back because they had lads involved with Sigerson and u20s.

You should always be able to give lads an opportunity to play for their county in these circumstances.

5 Likes

Advantage Tyrone