2021 All Ireland Football-Covid is a cod tyrone style

Yeah I know mine was a bad example I think yours are right. Iā€™m just saying Iā€™m surprised thereā€™s not a clash between which players teams want to man mark more often. You often hear about getting the match ups right. What if the other team wants different match ups

2 Likes

It mostly looks after itself as defenders determine who theyā€™re picking up. But if forward not happy theyā€™ll try rotate and move constantly - dublin have done it in past. Match ups huge in close games but helped hugely by video analysis. Get one wrong though and itā€™s losing of the game (eg if con gets in for 2-3 before HT)

Paddy Andrews and Andy Moran had a big slot on it on their podcast last week

Generally itā€™s the defensive players that decide though. An attacker is trying to get free so whichever lad stays on him is the match up.

Credit Tyrone, theyā€™ll have the Kerry boys heads melted by the time the ball throws in.

2 Likes

Strange interview given light of the current circumstances, no comment on the Covid situation.

Perhaps it was conducted last week but a very odd time to publish it?

1 Like

Iā€™d imagine it was last week alright, at the launch event for the All Ireland series. Very strange behaviour by the Examiner.

McGeary is one of the names Iā€™ve heard who is a positive case as well.

The intro to the article kind of tries to make it look like the interview was conducted yesterday.

Mullin ruled out now it appears.

Huge blow.

On another topic, All Ireland football final tickets are ā‚¬150 each this year!!

:eek:

40k by 150 is 6m in matchday revenue.

That price canā€™t be true?

No way - premium maybe where theyā€™re resold

3 Likes

We need the money to revitalise Dublin

Sorry youā€™re correct.

Still a huge price.

I paid it for a premium ticket for the drawn final in 2019. Worth it for the flagship game of the year.

You struck me as the type of lad whoā€™d have one taken off the top of castleknock allocation before the club officials even started counting ā€¦

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: you overestimate my influence. Canā€™t recall where the club ticket went :astonished:

1 Like

How much was it can you remember?

ā‚¬150

1 Like

Could Mayo now potentially be without Keegan, Mullin and Oā€™Hora for the weekend?

Thatā€™s arguably their whole full back line? Keegan missed the Galway game with a shoulder injury and Oā€™Hora had to come off with a rib injury.