2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

Re Cork, a wise hurling man once said " speed in your head is more important than speed in your feet"

4 Likes

Limerick have become the 4th county to reach double figures. Don’t think it’s being mentioned here so far.

2 Likes

Where did you see the cork confidence before the game? I’d say none of the Cork posters here fancied Cork, I didnt know one person who thought we had any kind of a chance tbh. Was great to beat KK to win the semi but Downey got a roasting for an hour and that was on the cards today, 4 of the starting forwards against KK underperformed and they did again today.

None of thay really matters though they were blown away by as good a final performance as you will ever see. Limerick have 6 or 7 absolutely top class hurlers and they are unbelievably well coached. Their workrate and aggressiveness on top of that then makes them 3 or 4 notches ahead of anything else in the country

A step forward for Cork this season to be competitive with the rest but that was a disappointing end to the season but a fair reflection of the work left to be done. We are a few seasons away from being competitive with Limerick

I actually felt sorry for Downey today. The full back line got zero protection and the ball in was excellent. And every time Downey conceded a score he turned around and was hit with a short Puck out under pressure talk about giving a lad a lot to do in his first final. For Hegarty 2nd goal he was standing on his own for 15 seconds with no Cork player trying to get near him, literally nobody marking him :dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

Congrats Limerick and the posters ye walked all over the cunts

11 Likes

Yea … and that is kind of my point. They should be the leaders now but theyre not.

1 Like

Very true. They were getting scalded because of what was happening further out. Limerick half back line could pick out their ball every time. Impossible for a full back to cope with that

@Breaking_my_balls is a fucking prophet lads

1 Like

The Limerick posters owe the great John Keily a big fat apology

1 Like

Will diarmuid o Sullivan do?

In fairness to Diarmuid he got it right when he said that Limericks name was etched on the cup last week

4 Likes

And of the 4, one is Tipp and the other 3 border it cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

Keily was big enough to acknowledge his Mea Culpa earlier in the season. The Limerick lads could do with taking a leaf out of his book and apologize here now to Keily

1 Like

A “low-fat” All Ireland. cc @Cheasty

2 Likes

Asterisks bedside it?

Christmas dinner with no trimmings, no starter, no dessert, no alcohol, no tin of Roses, and no presents.

4 Likes

I would be quite surprised if Limerick don’t win the next three all Irelands. They are simply miles ahead of whatever scant opposition is out there.

What happenen with Mul?

Back to the mud hut kid

Your city counterparts were genuinely confident

He deliberately broke Robert Downeys hurley while he had mislaid it. Videos online. In fairness, Downey wasnt really using it at the time.

Id be more worried about Lynch and O’Mahony while Lynch was merely trying to get him off his back what transpired could have been quite serious.