2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

Flanagan and Gillane on Donohoe and Downey with O’Leary following Casey or Mul?

Mahoney on Hegarty, Coleman on Lynch, Cadogan on Tom?

Those match ups aren’t great for Cork

He’s a donkey.

I am not so sure. This Cork team are decent and have goals in them.

You are right in fairness and our backs stack up well against them in the main. We need to meet them at source though and not step off them and give them a chance to run at us.

Limerick are a level or two above everyone else at the moment. All the other top teams are much of a muchness and capable of beating each other on any given day.

Limerick are just a superb team, great individuals who play a team game. They are superbly coached and managed. Every decision is about what benefits the team. No egos.

They are comfortably 8/9 points better than Cork.

2 Likes

Dan Morrissy Barry Nash and Sean Finn. No more about it.

1 Like

We need to hit those scrawny whippets hard time and again… We need to half starve Will for a week , locked up in a cage and throwing occasional raw meat at him, and send him out there to ravage the bastards.

10 Likes

Mad how for all Limerick’s organisation and professionalism, they sort of stumbled upon their best team with the 2x Cruciate victims in the back line last year.

Hayes and Nash bring pace that wasn’t there in 2018/2019 vs Cork.

If Cork are to win, they need to just go straight down the middle on Hannon all day. The whole game plan should be to at least try and destroy Hannon.

Even at that WOD will probably be there too but going down the wings on those two wing backs will be futile.

I’d play Fitz at center forward for this. Have him running at Hannon. In the second half against Limerick in Thurles he looked good there. I think he got the kick up the hole he needed being taken off.

Downey on Flanagan worries me. Downey won’t be able to keep up with him and Flanagan will throw them over the shoulder all day long.

2 Likes

I have it from a reliable source that Limerick are reverting to hip and whip for this one

3 Likes

For Fitzgibbon to be on Hannon, you have to assume that Limerick will let Cork go short and work it up. If Limerick force Cork to go long,itll nullify Fitzgibbon

What makes you think this is possible? I don’t think Hannon has ever been exposed.

Hannon was excellent Saturday evening.

Didn’t put a foot wrong.

4 Likes

Shur we can always swap himself and Nicky at the first whiteboard break if Deccie is under pressure.

1 Like

Well I think there is no chance of exposing Hayes or Byrnes so you have to target some area.

1 Like

A few people have said this now. Someone has said Hannon is overrated there the other day. I don’t think he’s ever been exposed playing centre back, he hardly ever makes a mistake. If I was looking for weaknesses in Limerick I wouldn’t look there.

10 Likes

He was class. His reading of the game is second to none sitting as he does. He also wins a load of breaking ball and never makes a mistake laying it off.

He does the simple stuff to perfection. I should say makes it look simple really - because it is not.

2 Likes

Declan Hannon is an incredible hurler

3 Likes

He got cleaned in 2019 but he wasn’t well

His role has changed slightly since 2018. He doesn’t have as much of a licence I’d say to run forward as much as he used to. Hence people don’t think his influence is as much as it was in 18. His role has grown into more of a holding one particularly since Kyle moved to half back who now takes on the responsibility of coasting forward

1 Like