2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

In 2018 cork tried to shoot from outside the half back line or when they could pull them out a bit out ball into space behind them. Hannon is not a weakness, I’d be happy out if cork tried to target him. Morrissey is not the fastest full back and Nash for all his hurling is not a natural man marker. If you’re looking for players to target they’re your marks in my opinion. They’re also both super players and supported by great great players all around so good luck exposing them much either, but that’s where I’d look.

Doesn’t count and you know it.

Nash is undroppable at the moment. Deserves savage credit for going back to the full back line when he was a potential marquee forward a few years ago when he first came onto the senior panel.

He deserves serious credit for that in fairness and his distribution is also top class back there.

Hopefully that injury he got at the end of the game Saturday wasnt serious.

8 Likes

A good pedigree of Nash’s in the full back line

1 Like

He tends to run/turn into trouble tho at times… Some turnaround from him over the last few years however.

2 Likes

Hurling wise he surpasses his relations in my opinion.

He would be equally comfortable in the half back line, half forward line or up top with either Gillane or Flanagan.

Totally agree. He’s been class.

2 Likes

His best days in the Kiely era were in the 2019 Munster Championship imo. He was superb in the Waterford, Clare and Tipp games, both offensively and defensively. Was definitely more inclined to run with the ball back then - he has often been labelled slow but you would never see him bottled up, he would break that first tackle with ease. I felt he was in genuine HOTY territory after the Munster Final, but the rest of the season didn’t exactly go to plan.

Definitely he is less inclined to run with the ball now, the snap handpass/stickpass to the next man is the order of the day. Which, tbf, is the same with a lot of the team as we have become more and more systematic in our play. It’s just in Hannon’s case it probably robs us a few moments of genius as he can see space few others can when he is in the groove.

4 Likes

Agreed. My point being that with Kyle Hayes now having the licence to go forward when on , Hannon is now tasked to hold the line in case something breaks down which did happen on Saturday night but no damage arose from it.

1 Like

That’s just so insightful mike. How many times did you have to watch the replays in order to figure that out?
You really showed that @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy fucker

1 Like

Go to bed

OK. Then what?

Go to sleep

Brian Corcoran scored the point on his knees in the 2004 All Ireland Final. The Cork v Wexford drawn semi final was in 2003, not 2004. Cork hammered Wexford by about 20 points in the 2004 semi final without the need for a replay.

1 Like

OK. Mr Kyle Hayes fanboy

I said iirc regarding Wexford by the way. Must be getting embarrassing for you at this stage

4 Likes

As William Money (Clint Eastwood) said to Little Bill (Gene Hackman) at the end of Unforgiven - Deserves got nothing to do with it.

2 Likes

Cork have had some scores against limerick in fairness, that Corcoran point on his knees, O Sullivan flattening one of the Limerick lads with a shoulder and throwing it over inside his 45, the Fenton pull on the ground

He dropped one through his hand didn’t he? We were up behind him that day … Cork brought a savage crowd that day.