2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

Pat Ryan’s goal in 2018 semi every bit as iconic for us

4 Likes

He did. Limerick were going well at the time.

Lolz

1 Like

There was great excitement about Corcoran’s return, I had a take of lads in my rented gaff on the NCR for the weekend, I remember one drive over to Jetland on the Sunday morning and the guards wouldn’t let him back in.
I don’t think the result was much in doubt, Shanahans mistake was early on. We finished that night in a Nestors lock in with the Limerick team

Quaid
Finn, Morrissey, O’Donoghue
Byrnes, Coleman, Hayes
Meade, Will O’D
Hegarty, Lynch, Harnedy
Jack O’Connor, Flanagan, Horgan

That’s my combined 15 for this year.

Quaid
Finn
Morrissey
Nash
Byrnes
Hannon
Hayes
DOD
WOD
Hego
Lynch
Harnedy
Gillane
Flanagan
Casey

That’s my 15.

8 Likes

I agree but I would have nash, hannon, DoD, Tom morrissey, gillane and Casey in the team

1 Like

Harnedy hasn’t had a good year at all, and morrissey has been better than Hegarty

1 Like

Mixed - But I like him as a player - can win his own ball, has pace and can take a score.

I thought that was a strange inclusion myself. He has had one of his poorer years.

Lads am i the only one baffled by DOD getting motm the other day? WOD is the man.

4 Likes

Being live there you can see why DOD got it. He did a trojan amount of work.

2 Likes

Lookit - I had to throw them a bone and let’s face it - none of the Cork lads would realistically get in the Limerick team.

2 Likes

Bantz

1 Like

I was there and WOD was the man. I would have has WOD, Flanagan,Morrissey x 2 ahead of the rest

3 Likes

Spoiler that

At the moment, Hoggy. That could change in a fortnight but until then, he’d be my only one.

was that the 2004 MSHC SF?
oh yeah shur then we had that fucking 2004 munster final that was on every night during COVID 1 , cork beat Tipp then in Killarney in the qualifiers, jesus there was a massive cork crowd down there that day, i think it was antrim then the day of the clare kk draw and then they beat wexford by 40 points in the all ireland semi final
2004 AIF was a horrible match, manky day as well , not as bad as 1999 but a real horrible old cold september sunday

2 Likes

He’s class, no denying it, but he just wouldnt do. There wouldnt be enough Limerickness in him.

1 Like