2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

Tim Mahoney to 11 maybe? He seems a good man to break tackles and is a goal threat.

Thats about the size of it. But they are the place value there. Cork, Tipp, Kilkenny and even Galway have huge surgeries pending to their sides in the next year to 2 years.

TJ, Seamie, Mahers, Noel McGrath, Hoggie, Canning are key personnel for those teams.

We’re talking maybe 10 points a game for each team (albeit many from frees) coupled with leadership, key scores, assists which will slowly seep away. Galway are best placed to fix those gaps I think but for the others it’ll take 2 years or so I thinkand Limerick will probably lose noone.

He isn’t a fella can man mark to any degree I don’t think so who knows

In fairness lads the standard out there outside of Limerick is absolutely desperate.

For all their hurlers coming through, Cork’s best players yesterday were in their 30’s and I would say of their Under 25’s maybe 1 or 2 of them are really good enough.

Tipp have a load of hall of famer’s coming to the end and nothing really to replace them with. Those Under 20/21 championships of 2018/2019 were a very poor standard nationally. Cork and Tipp were the best of bad lot.

Galway don’t have anyone on the same planet as Canning coming through and a few others need replacing too. Their minor winning teams for the most part dont seem to have produced anything of note.

Kilkenny are honest but incredibly limited and as Reid declines they are stuck going nowhere.

Clare have Kelly and could make a semi final in next few years but really they aren’t up to much.

Dublin/Wexford - simply not good enough

Waterford are the only other team with some serious, serious hurlers between 25-29 but they still have weak links. I think if Cahill and Bevans stay they could crack Limerick but they’d need a lot of luck to pull it off.

2 Likes

That’s not Limerick’s fault in fairness. I could see it as a stick to beat them with if they were just about winning games by a point or two or struggling to put away the other teams and just doing enough but they are utterly dominant.

The standard is poor outside of Limerick, no doubt about it but it takes nothing away from how good Limerick are. They would win multiple A/Is in any era but I do think it is a shame that there isn’t any real rival for them as rivalries and tight matches/moments is what really endure in the game and would only improve their legacy.

How shit would it have been for Gaelic football and Dublin if Mayo weren’t around over the last decade. How many classic matches and moments augmented the great players of those teams in those games.

3 Likes

Coleman cant play wing back as he is shocking under highball. That’s main reason is does not play there anymore. Opposition just targeted him. Midfield is worth a go.

2 Likes

Oh I fully agree its not their fault and fair play to them, they’ve cracked it, but its an absolute indictment on the rest.

1 Like

I went into the Palace on Fleet Street for a few drinks after the game yesterday. Spotted Liam Cahill there with a Tipperary contingent including Pat Fox and a few fellows I know to be prominently involved in the Tipperary Supporters Club. I’d imagine it’s a done deal already.

5 Likes

Coleman is too small as an inter-county half-back - might be too small for anywhere on the pitch.

1 Like

Yes they did. There was individual player profiles.

1 Like

Small in what way?

His build.

Back2Back

1 Like

Vile post

18 Likes

Cork hurlers 2021 are the Dublin footballers 2008.

Kieran Kingston is Pillar. Hoggy is Whelo. Harnedy is Shane Ryan. Downey is Ross McConnell. Shane Kingston is Bernard Brogan. Robbie O’Flynn is Paul Flynn.

Wouldnt have thought that. I think he’s put on a lot of condition in the last 12 months. That’s the easiest problem to solve

+1, but well made.

I think ye should all go away and combine a Rest of Ireland side between the rest of ye so we might actually get a decent fucking game.

Ye still wouldn’t come within 10 of us ffs.

5 Likes

Disgusting post

2 Likes

It isn’t really, as both him and Fitzgibbon have builds that will ensure the Limerick lads will always be too physical for them.