2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

“Seán Finn wouldn’t lace Jackie Tyrell’s boots”

:laughing:

Jesus ye’re a gas crowd lads, stick with the rugby rape trials I’d say

1 Like

Casey, Mulcahy, Darragh Donovan, Cian Lynch, none of them very big men.

Everyone is confusing size with aggression.

1 Like

Thought he was outstanding yesterday and was my motm.

He is the greatest full back line player ever. EVER.

The conditioning of DOD and Lynch is top class though.

Fitzgibbon looks to be the same weight he was 3/4 years ago, I would say DOD and Lynch are 3-5kg heavier.

2 Likes

He was Limerick’s 3rd best full back line player yesterday. Corner backing is about stopping your man first and foremost and anything the Cork full forward line did was while Sean Finn was marking them

1 Like

What did they do?

1 Like

1-3 from play and Jack O’Connor won a free. Compared to basically nothing while being marked by Dan Morrissey and Barry Nash.

Dan Morrissey replacing Richie English in the Munster Final was the pivotal moment of the hurling year.

1 Like

OK, that’s fair enough. But do you think an extra 3 kg of muscle will transform Fitzgibbon’s and Coleman’s desire to tackle?? Will it improve their aggression?

They’re both fabulous hurlers and yes they could put on another bit of muscle but the natural level of aggression is lacking in my opinion.

There’s a reason fabulous hurlers we have like Ronan Lynch (a Rolls Royce of a stick man) isn’t on the panel…

4 Likes

Wexford will know all about it next year

Mulcahy is the only one with the same slender frame as Coleman/Fitzgibbon and he plays in the corner.

First Limerick goal shouldn’t have stood yesterday did anyone think? Cian Lynch fouled the ball I thought, no?

I wouldn’t say there’s many other Ronan Lynch type players on the Limerick club scene?

I remember some Limerick lads on here were debating which one of the Lynch’s was better back when they were minor :laughing:

It was clear the first time you saw Cian Lynch play that he was at a different level to anyone else

1 Like

Not big in height terms maybe but all very well conditioned.

Ronan Lynch was probably a better Harty Cup player as winter hurling suited him.

To be honest if I was going down to play Ballygunner in Walsh Park next November, I’d probably still take Ronan over Cian taking conditions into account.

Those Patrickswell lads though should really be gunning for a shot at Munster this year with Casey x2 likely to be out for Na Piarsaigh and after how they folded so badly themselves in Walsh Park 2 years ago.

From what I can remember of those scores, 1 was basically where they gave up the O’Connor point as he moved in to close off a goal chance for someone else. The Horgan score was an over the shoulder going away from goals, not much a corner back can do with those. Kingston got the run on him for the goal but didn’t leave him for dead, Finn had him under pressure all the way and it was a good finish from a tight angle.

2 Likes

It’s OK boys. We only have to put up with Limerick dominating Croker on All Ireland final day for 30 years.

I like James Skehill’s punditry on OTB. Usually got an interesting angle on things.

4 Likes

I had it in mind to look for my money back after 50 minutes yesterday