2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

You’re trying very very hard in all fairness to you.

This year is an absolute bonus to Cork. Win or lose this group have far exceeded the expectations of the majority of Cork supporters.

This team is in phase one of their development. Cork hurling has not looked so bright in a long time.

7 Likes

That’s the spirit. Stitch it into these Cark cunts good and proper.

Hon Limerick

1 Like

If ye win on Sunday week there’s no stopping ye for the next few years.

Limerick have a strangle hold on the thing at the moment and won’t have another chance of doing two in a row which is a real bench mark for great sides.

Why, start of the championship, what counties did you see were so far ahead to have greatly exceeded expectations?

I would not agree with that. Limerick are not going anywhere. Plenty of talent coming through.

First time since 1977 that Cork are in all three All Ireland Finals, I was reading there. 1970 the last time they won the treble.

2 Likes

I would have said that Limerick and Galway were ahead of the pack by a good bit.

As Ive said numourous times, this current Cork teams have lots of holes but they have not been exploited as we have been playing teams with similar deficiencies.

Only victory will be acceptable to the people of Cork.

As.limerick supporter, cork.and Galway were the two biggest threats I thought heading into c’ship
Due to their style and recent encounters, i saw cork as the bigger threat of the two to us directly as opposed outright AI winners.

Has come to pass now and can see it being very tight.

We will probably never get a better chance for a two in a row.

1 Like

Yeah, now that we are in a final. We should win minor and U20. These teams are full of serious talent. Our schools are well organised. The foundation for sustainable success is there. We just need the right management and coaching ticket to harness it.

4 Likes

That’s not a disrespect to cork. It’s hard enough to win one and hard enough to make it back to the final again, it’s more likely than not that the opportunity will never arise again.

1 Like

Too late. It’s on the wall

I’d agree with all that.

True but hard not see you winning multiple all irelands over next few years. There is serious depth to your squad that keeps everyone on their toes and drives standards higher.

It looks like now that it will be Cork/Limerick for a few years - youth will prevail eventually… We might have to kill a few of your lads until then.

1 Like

I think we will be in the mix the next few years alright. I think you’re overstating our depth, we are quite light on cover for the front 8. Cork probably have a stronger bench to draw from. But if we drip in one or two a year we should remain very competitive for two to three years anyway, I would hope.

1 Like

There is plenty of talent from this years u20 team. Ye should have a strong team next year aswell.

even if kinnerk and kiely are gone this season?