2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

Well no, that is a big proviso.

Worry and inner turmoil. Fear of failure, fear of success. Fear, every way they turn. Limerick supporters are not in a good place.

It’s a good job that in reality their team only has to turn up to win this final.

In fairness Cork got a very handy draw all the way to the final. Clare, Dublin and Kilkenny and avoiding their bogey teams Limerick and Waterford.

2 Likes

Exactly.

Recognition of where we are, and where we have come from. I am confident we will win.

I think Limerick, Galway, Waterford, Tipp and maybe even Kilkenny all would have been ranked above Cork at the beginning of the championship. Bearing in mind that Cork had exited the championships of 2019 and 2020 to little fanfare against Kilkenny and Tipp. Cork certainly have been helped by the draw this year. They’re a coming team though and are only going from strength to strength in the coming years with that underage talent.

2 Likes

Interesting how where he sees hope,.you see fear.

Denial that one is feeling fear is a common characteristic of fearfulness.

Talking up the mythical “two in a row” now……. :rofl:
Imagine being from Kilkenny.

While sniffing at the merits of the Galway 2 in a row win in 1987-88 when they only went and beat Kilkenny and Tipperary in both finals.

1 Like

Title of the thread refers to old and new money…

Kilkenny are the currency.

1 Like

Currencies are dead.

1 Like

Lord above :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That’s the frightening truth.

1 Like

lads does anyone know where i can get a few tickets handy for this thing?
ill enter the draw here in the club, i presume we get x2 but they’ve probably already traded them somewhere for football tickets id say
id need x2 tickets, lower hogan if preferable
any of ye work for Glanbia or anything?

This is the best hurling final thread in many years. Another week and a half…There’ll be lads on heavy tablets by Saturday week… :pint: :pint:

1 Like

Lower Hogan no less….That’s the Corkiness coming out - entitlement…

4 Likes

I think a county like Limerick, with no culture of success, will naturally struggle when a great side arrives. For the superior hurling counties success rests easily on their shoulders. Limerick hurling culture is one of “Unlimited Heartbreak”. Epic Greek tragedy type defeats. Backbiting, infighting, bloodletting. Bile, bitterness and bluster. Success brings it own burdens and it removes the crutch of victimhood status that Limerick hurling has leaned on for generations and brings home just how shit Limerick hurling has actually been over the decades.

2 Likes

Beating one of the Big Three in a final is some achievement, but beating two of them in the same game is incredible.

5 Likes

If I can get two I’ll look after you bud.