2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

04 was the year Fagan.

2007 merely delayed a hiding by 12 months . If an average enough Lk attack hit them for 5 goals what would the Kk attack have done ??

Surely at some stage in next yearā€™s league some ref will have to just start giving frees for all these throws? Youā€™ll have eejits like Jackie Tyrell complaining about it then

4 Likes

What percentage of handpasses are unlawful ?? I would think at least 70 .

Not sureā€¦ Kk were not at 2008 levels eitherā€¦
They were freak goals and youd wonder were Waterford loking beyond Limerick coming inā€¦ They actually controlled most of the game after an awful start and were caught on the hopnst the end

Keep that to Premierview, thanks.

20%

1 Like

Itā€™s not just Limerick at it. Itā€™s a blight on the game

Itā€™s near impossible to ref it.

Some of them are but most of them are clearly throws

Limerick are no better or no worse than any team in this aspect

1 Like

I think their are 2 options

Legalise the throw

Or

Only hand pass off the Hurley

It needs rule change not referees ā€œclamping downā€

3 Likes

I think itā€™s more noticeable with Limerick because the throws are generally in more advantageous positions

No Iā€™d say Kilkenny were biding their time waiting to get us in a final and give us the mother and father of a land. There had been an awful lot of shite talk in the county about what we would do to the Cats if we were in a game with them coming down the home straight. A lot of the flim flam around the team didnā€™t sit well with Kilkenny either - the apocryphal ā€œFuck Limerick, bring on the Catsā€ remark, the badge kissing, the treatment of Justin and the dodged handshake, the animus against Mullane in south Kilkenny. They were lying in wait for us and couldnā€™t wait to send us home with our tae in a mug.

6 Likes

I think the weights most IC lads do are completely wrong. They should be entirely based around Olympic lifting, snatch and clean and jerk. Explosive power.
Everything else is, as the wythenshawe lads say, wine bar weights.

2 Likes

Very noticeable the number of flags in cork has decreased since Saturday. Close on pre beating kk levels. A few proud cork people will alway have theirs.

ā€œhad haveā€

I donā€™t see this argument about the hand passing ever tbh.

Players do it so fast it just looks like a throw, the ball only has to be a millimetre above the palm of the hand and thatā€™s perfectly legal.

Do lads want fellas to throw it a foot in the air just so we can all clearly see it on tv.

I mean anyone here whoā€™s ever played hurling its not like youā€™re ever coached to throw a ball and it wouldnā€™t be a natural thing to do.

4 Likes

TJ Ryan was saying similarā€¦ Its just so fast it looks a throw. He reckons 90% are legal

3 Likes

Well Iā€™d agree, sure thereā€™s instances same as any fouls out there but in the main itā€™s play on for meā€¦