2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

You wonā€™t find them down the couch har.

5 Likes

Would anyone?

Stop It And You GIF

Nah boxty, lads on both sides (myself included) have done a full blown Tipperary on it and weā€™re only at the first water break. By Monday lads will be blowing for air with nothing left to give

1 Like

I havenā€™t bothered going to any club or county games since February 2020, but this final has piqued my interest and Iā€™ll probably take 4 or 5 tickets for it. Iā€™ll send you a PM if Iā€™ve a spare after offering them to my offline pals.

14 Likes

How did they let the tide go out in the first place?

Youā€™d have to feel sorry for the Limerick lads that the greatest team in their entire history coincides with a global pandemic. Deprived them of celebrations and attendance at last years big games. At least they had 2018 secured before that though and in truth Iā€™d imagine that first victory and the elation of will eclipse the subsequent ones.

1 Like

Limerick caused the pandemic. By God.

The Lower Hogan is the only place in Croke Park to watch a match.

I wouldnā€™t be bothered with anywhere else.

Thereā€™s a nice view in the Upper Hogan but the atmosphere is quite sterile.

This is very true actually

Winning the first All Ireland is the hardest. To be fair to Galway they put us to the pin of our collar in 2018. I suppose the worry for Cork will be if the pressure of their great tradition will cause them to freeze on the big day. Or will the Limerick juggernaut just flatten them anyway?

2 Likes

Iā€™m not too bothered about anything after 2018 ā€¦ I nearly lost my life with that late Canning freeā€¦ I was about to have a complete mental breakdown - a grown man slobbering and crying like a little girlā€¦ The relief and elation after that will never be topped. The rest is just the icing on the cherry.

8 Likes

You wouldnā€™t get much icing on a cherry.

5 Likes

Ah you would on JPs ā€¦ GM modified - just like the Limerick players cc @maroonandwhite

kevin Oā€™ Donovan im not sure of but Brian Cuthbert im almost positive had his reputation and credentials laid waste to on more than one occasion here by kevā€¦ there was another fella who kev couldnt stand as well - oh yeah Bob Ryan - he was the stadium manager at the park

1 Like

Itā€™s all bonus territory for us now. Just glad to be there.

1 Like

This is it really.

The Big Three have historically had to beat not just one county in All-Ireland finals, but 31.

That makes their achievements all the greater.

i just bought a cork jersey there

4 Likes

The goalkeeper jersey?