2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

Hurling folded in Lismire and they all went to Kanturk. Other than that an army of Walshs arriving on the scene has pushed them on.

I would assume Ballyhea is small enough parish/pick

**[quote=ā€œBig_Dan_Campbell, post:444, topic:34366, full:trueā€]
I would assume Ballyhea is small enough parish/pick
[/quote]

Is there even a village there? They field at underage but do nothing way down they grades. The used to super strong underage back the decades.

Ken Condon, the horse racing trainer is from there. His brother Barry hurled with them. Very small pick afaik.

It takes about 5 minutes at 60mph to drive through Ballyhea
Itā€™s a large (but rural) parish

1 Like

Same with O Neills, 5 Millerick brothers on the team. There will be a 6th in a few years, the youngest is the best of the lot by all accounts.

Iā€™ve been through it, my father in lawā€™s people were from down that way hence why Iā€™m asking. There doesnā€™t seem to be much more than a townsland as a passer through

BallyHea

Ken?

1 Like

Lismire and Kanturk always joined underage until relatively recently. Players had choice then who they would play with as adults.

V lucky with good crop coming along again now alright

Yeah Ken.

I think most of it is up to the left off the main road. Borders Effin as far as I know.

2 Likes

Ballyea was always a great place for Schools matches back in the day along with Ballygibblon and Ballyporeen.

That lovely triangle where Tipp, Limerick and Cork intersect.

Has there been much representation from Passage West on the Cork panel since Justin McCarthy?

I think the parish is big but rural

I played in Araglin once

Nearly 4 counties meeting there, you wouldnā€™t be far from the Waterford border

1 Like

Now thatā€™s bandit country by all accounts!!!

Thats like the land that time forgot down there.

A real strange place

1 Like

Thereā€™s a Supermacs
And the LIDL operating centre for the country
Corbett Court, Dawn meats, the Charleville Showgrounds

2 Likes

The Corbett Court is great

4 Likes