2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

I suppose it would have more of a maritime tradition

+1. Serious spot

I’ve been in Ballyhea church cc @Raylan , @gilgamboa @TreatyStones

1 Like

I think the pub is in Tipperary and the GAA pitch is in Cork. It was a Munster Schools ‘C’ Football quarter final

1 Like

No, although John Horgan was also from Passage and transferred to Blackrock (he played after Justin)

They have a good soccer club down there

1 Like

For a couple of years in the 70s Araglin played junior in Waterford. Their official address is given as being in Co. Tipperary.

4 Likes

An absolute gent.

1 Like

I’d always get a sandwich in Mitchelstown to consume at the summit of Galteemore

1 Like

We used to play a heap of our games in Nenagh or Claughan back in the day for schools.

Claughan was always a favoured venue, pitch would be like a billiards table even in winter.

2 Likes

I was at a wedding in North Cork about ten years ago in a church called Shrala, I’d say it’s about as North in Cork as you can go. Lovely part of the country in the foothills of Ballyhoura

Kildimo was another option if you were playing some Kerry team

1 Like

Clonmel was the pinnacle for Harty Cup matches.

Justin is not even from Passage, he’s Rochestown. They have the occassional Cork minor every 5 years. Mark Howard of Kilmacrud Crokes is from there.

2 Likes

Effin and Ardpatrick

Have ye poached fellas from Ballyhea?

No but Neily Ronan managed us in 94

3 Likes

Dunmanway is a very strange town. Went down there about 15 years ago. The pubs were busy on the Saturday night but they were packed Sunday morning. An awful lot of lunatics there. Its a fair spin down even from Cork city.

Araglin is an unique pitch. It in a hollow with the spectators looking down on the players from high on top of a bank. One length of the pitch used to be bounded by a forest. Great if you needed to relief yourself but a pain trying to find a sliothar to take a side line cut.

4 Likes

Seems the media are going to break the news that Peter Casey is getting off.

3 Likes

Yup.