2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

Happy Star Trek GIF

2 Likes

Justice

3 Likes

I’ll have to disappear from here if my source is incorrect.

Big win for the Cork lads here who were hoping he would play

1 Like

Hello Martin :hammer:

A number of good senior club hurlers for Ballyduff over the years were Araglin born and bred.

They’d have been awful upset.

Not one of the better towns in West Cork

Birthplace of Sam Maguire of course, and the Sweetnam rugby player, Mark Farr played corner back for Cork in the 93 final

1 Like

Neily worked for Eircom or Telecom I suppose back then. Lovely man.

There is a statue of Sam there I think.

Back in the 70s/80s Ballyhea and Milford were well respected by the big city clubs at senior level. The city boys invariably beat them but it was always hard earned. Seanie Gorman from Milford and Johnny Callaghan Ballyhea were regarded by city hurlers as good as anyone playing for Cork.
There was a keeper for Ballyhea, Davy Keeffe, back in the 80s, a mad cunt altogether. Even the Ballyhea lads were wary of him. But some character he was. He’d have an umpire hold his fag while he took a puckout. He was a brilliant shot stopper and as brave as could be. He had great battles with JBM, Eamon O Donoghue, Cummins and all the top full forwards of that time. His most amusing trick was belting sand up into fella eyes. The goalmouths at Ballyhea’s pitch at that time were covered in gravel - if a forward made a go for Davy’s goal he’d slap his hurley down into the sand blinding the poor cunt advancing. The refs were half scared of him too, so nothing was done. Those were the days.
All the Ronan’s mentioned were serious hurlers, their dad’s were a different type of hurler though.

5 Likes

I told you it was done Sunday night… Not a hope they’d uphold that farce. A scut involved in 3 sending off instances this year… Ripped Casey’s helmet after belting him across the chest with the Hurley.

6 Likes

17 Likes
1 Like

Great news, fantastic skilfull player.

The Milford side of the late 80s were v close to winning a county senior. The Glen caught them with a last minute goal in 89 before going on and easily winning the county.

2 Likes

GlaringArtisticFlounder-size_restricted

R (8)

the-shawshank-redemption-gifs-WyMHP2

10 Likes

To be fair you did…a farcical decision justice has been served

3 Likes

I was at that game, Milford should never have given away that late goal.

1 Like

Some joke. You commit the crime you do the time. Limerick will have no luck after this.

1 Like