2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

On Gillane, Eoin Cadogan has done well on him in the past, any chance he gets a start for the final to mark him?

Have cork any injuries from yesterday? Kingston surely starts again, any other likely changes?

Overheard in work “nobody in ireland want to see Limerick win another one. Everyone is supporting cark”

Hype has already gone to their heads.

Keeping my cool and reminding them I’m on my holdiays after the match and need to plough through my work.

1 Like

Sure it’s pure 50/50 between Cadogan or Gillane as to who sees the red mist first. The Cork full back line will not be changed - they powered into the game in the second half and beyond… they were exceptional

1 Like

Anyone give cork a chance in this?

They played well but were all at see when Billy Ryan and Cody were moving onto diagonal ball. Kilkenny reverted to whacktics soon after and Cork backs dominated

2 Likes

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing - launching ball after ball in over TJ Reids head and he standing outside scratching his bollocks

Yes they have a right chance. They are a Cork team coming into a final and nobody gives them a chance. Traditionally that’s when they are at their most dangerous.

1 Like

Dry day and if the ref applies the rules they have an outside chance but not sure they’ll win enough possession on puck outs to get a foothold

Moving their forwards out and isolating defenders with their pace worked well yesterday

Kilkenny were absolutely brutal to be honest, I’ve never seen them as aimless since the second half of the final Vs Tipp.** Cork will never get the time and space they had. I thought kk may have an outside chance against Limerick, but cork will need to shoot the lights out to stand a chance. Limerick look to me to have hurled at their ease throughout the championship. Theyve not been in a game where there was any doubt about the outcome with 20 mins left. Albeit they’ve dodged the bullet avoiding Galway, who dismantled them the only time they met this season, I cannot remember a side quite this dominant.

** Actually Waterford ran over them last year, but that was simply excellent hurling.

3 Likes

Kilkenny in 08 were this dominant

3 Likes

They be a number of changes on the Cork side. Barrett, one pt aside, looked every inch an U20 out there and is miles off starting again. Fitzgibbon was found out big time IMO. Zero work rate was been hidden big long range points. They should have subbed him again in ET, he was awful again when he came on. Mellerick looks like he’s gone, Cads senior will start.

Cork will enjoy most of the neutral support. Just about every hurling fan wants to see Hoggie get the medal.

2 Likes

Kingston for Barrett and Cadogan for Millerick will be only changes id say.

I never warmed to him for some reason, maybe it was all the diving in the 2013 finals from nearly every cork forward

Ah yeah I agree most will but this was said with the cork cockyness

It doesn’t really sound like a cocky thing to say, basically admitting that you’re massive underdogs

1 Like

Would say the same. Cork need to stay with Limerick for 60 minutes and pass them out if they’re to win. They’ll need about 3 goals I reckon.

If Cork are 4 or 5 ahead, Limerick could wipe that out quickly.

Kingston did well off the bench on Sunday. Barrett might do better having not started.

1 Like

Unfortunately I cannot put the context and tone I writing but I’ll leave them at me for next 2 weeks. I expect bo less living in enemy territory. Your on the opposite side of coin you know yourself

As a Clare man I felt truly sorry for him. Hes a brilliant stick man. Kind of a kin to Eoin Kelly in his achievements (bar winning an AI) on the field.

Hegarty after getting niggled for the first 20 mins by one of the Cahalane brothers