2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

His last point in the first match would have been an all time score to win an all Ireland, it’s probably mostly forgotten now

Cant start Fitzgibbon. Sends out the wrong message to the panel IMO. Maybe being dropped could be the making of the lazy sod. I’d be tempted to start Dalton cornerforward and get 45 mins out of him. Watching him for Imokilly I get the impression hes a cocky so and so and would embrace starting in a final.

I couldn’t see Kingston not starting

Kingson would be getting divorced.

1 Like

The Dow was in favour of Kingston coming off the bench.

I really noticed yesterday how much more a Cork score means when Hoggie gets it.

The roof was lifted when he scored his first yesterday.

1 Like

We will agree to disagree. Imho, Fitz has to start wing forward. He has the legs to go with Limerick half backs and his pace is a weapon if utilised properly. Getting substituted the last day was the wake up call he needed.

1 Like

Dalton does not have pace for corner forward and has done nothing to deserve his first start in an all ireland final.

I think Fitzgibbon is either carrying an injury or has lost a yard of pace.

Kingston is the 2021 version of the 2018 Dow

I never saw it that way at all. You know what you get with kk and it will always be a battle and there’d be no shortage of effort from them but I really don’t think they have enough in them to threaten Limerick, they couldn’t overpower us and they couldn’t outshoot us.

Cork are a different proposition altogether. They have the potential to catch fire and they’re getting better by the game. They may get a run on us at some point and could conceivably bang in two or even a three goals in quick succession which can change the complexion of any game quite rapidly. Ultimately I expect Limerick to have too much and to find a way even if cork get a run on us. I think we should win but cork certainly have a chance, I’d be much more confident facing Kilkenny.

5 Likes

I’d imagine that was Waterford’s plan on Saturday and it didn’t work. Cork have to put Limerick on the back foot from the start and keep them on the back foot. Make Hayes and Byrnes defend and give them a problem. They have pacy half forwards who conceivably could do this if they can get them in the game.

Millerick presumably out.

Id have given Waterford little chance with the number of games played to be honest

Very hard make a case for Cork based on the weekend . Kk were very average and if they were in Munster they wouldn’t be top 3 .

Cork will struggle hugely on their own puck out . That will be the key

3 Likes

Cork were very laborious with their short puckouts at the start and by the time the ball reached a half back he was swallowed up. Collins improved as the game went on and presumably against Limerick they’ll be targeting runners in space near the sidelines.

I’ll be easy to spot for Limerick forumites

5 Likes

I think thst is key to troubling Lk - puck outs need distance and width . DĂŠise were very naive the other day

They will overwhelm us with Carkness and put us back in our place.

Cork butchered an unusual amount of goal chances Vs kk. Kept kk in the game. They seemed to invariably pass when they should have shot, or, more often, shot when they should have passed.