2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

Before the first white board

1 Like

Tipperary possibly against Antrim in 1989. Outside of that, Limerick probably the hottest favourites going into an All Ireland Final in living memory.

1 Like

Cork have won more than that despite a recent dry spell ffs

What the fuck would you know about it?
What was the last intercounty game you watched in person?

We are only going up for de day out. And young lads get a bit of experience.
Safe travels to everyone & let’s all enjoy de occasion of the greatest game in de world.
2 sets of great supporters.

1 Like

Jesus, I’m finding it hard to recall. An auld league game pre-Covid, I’d say, but I wouldn’t be sure.

Is my recollection correct that your father is from Cork? Presumably you’re firmly in the Rebels camp for Sunday?

Dry your eyes mate

1 Like

Someone better tell Woolly that the two teams are travelling home Sunday night. He’s planning on recording the podcast from the winners hotel on Monday.

Any 7s action tomorrow?

Train booked from Thurles tomorrow night after the minor match. I absolutely can’t wait to watch these two Cork teams play this weekend.

To have a chance on Sunday I think Cork need to be ultra aggressive and do what no team does in modern hurling - push right the fuck up on Limerick and play at least 5 in their half at all times. Easier said than done, but if Cork do a Waterford or Tipp and allow their defence time on the ball they’ll pick us apart. They’re just too good at playing through the lines. Forcing Limerick long on occasion would benefit us I feel, although this Limerick side are a totally different proposition to Kilkenny.

2 Likes

I got two tickets for this and will continue my 100% attendance record since 1997. I don’t even particularly want to watch this one, but sure look. It won’t be a patch on the best final that I ever feasted my eyes upon, when taking everything into account and removing my homer glasses, which was 2010.

Cork and Limerick in the final is like two first cousins getting married, legal, yet uncomfortable to watch.

1 Like

Two first cousins is illegal I thought?

You’ re from cork, you know best

Did you ref the 2020 version???

4 Likes

Why are they going home? Would the Sunday Game not be live from the winner’s hotel?

no

The poor finals have outweighed the good ones .

Since 2015 they have in the main been poor enough for neutrals

Sorry, every attendable final.

Are they too mane to stay the night in Dublin?