2021 All Ireland Hurling Final - Cork v Limerick - New Money vs Old Money - Barbados Dollar vs Queens shilling

no. restrictions etc

No - gas thing in the general public in both counties will fill pubs and houses . The panel their families can’t have a small gathering in the capital

Yes, ,2010 was outrageous though. It just felt different. 2009 was the better game to watch.

They were the last good finals bar 2013 which I’m imartial to

1 Like

Not in the top 5 finals since 97

14 draw
12 draw
13 draw

They’ll make a big song and dance about having to forfeit the post match banquet and then go home to the Kilmurry Lodge or Castletroy Park and have the biggest lock in of all time.

1 Like

2010 was the absolute spectacle. Hard to see it ever topped for the sheer magnitude of that game IMO. I’ve never seen a build up like it, and of course the match lived up to the billing. One of the finest days in Irish sporting history.

1 Like

2009 was the best final I ever saw.

Most don’t stick in the memory as games .

6 Likes

Finals are for winning, nothing else.

Did you mean to type 2009 there? 2010 was a non event in comparison

Nope, 2010. The huge drive for 5 with two giants of the game and a historic rivalry.

The quality of hurling was also top class too. For magnitude alone I have it over 2014 draw and 2009.

I know I was very hungover and it won’t go down well here, but 2018 was absolutely hopeless stuff for 60 minutes.

It must have had a world record for wides in a final.

2009, 2010 and 2014 draw wipe the floor with everything else over the last 20 years.

3 Likes

The game matters too and memories. . Beauty endures

1 Like

The 2013 qualifier between Tipp and Kilkenny was probably the biggest game of that rivalry.

The last 2 years were the worst in my memory

1 Like

Last years all Ireland doesn’t really count. There will always be an asterisks over it.

2 Likes

I am tipping Cork for no other reason than Cork are Cork and 7\2 for a Cork team in a senior hurling final just seems wrong. Limerick are good but are they really in a territory the kilkenny a row them were

Kilkenny were done in 2010 once Shefflin did his knee in the semi final. What was Cody thinking of, playing him.

1 Like

2018 was worse IMO. Both teams played poorly.

Fuckit 2019 was very bad too.

1 Like

I was at 2019 and the second half was the most boring half of hurling I was ever at I’d say, club or county, underage or senior

1 Like

A load of auld wank.