2021 Running Goals

If I manage to get a run in this week and next, I’ll have done at least one run per week for a full 52 weeks. That mightn’t seem like a particular achievement, but injuries, motivation, time, etc. have meant that this will be the first time I’ve gone a full year without interruption on the run front. I would say I did a little less than 1000km in that time, with about 18000metres climbing. So, I started thinking, what are my actual goals for this year? I’m going to put mine up here, to hold myself to account. All of these are achievable but will require hard work as well:

1. Do 1,000km for the first time in a calendar year.
  2. Climb 25,000 metres over the year
  3. Run an off-road marathon or ultra race (I’m looking at the Kerry Way Ultra Lite, approx 60km). If races don’t go ahead, I’ll aim to do another unsupported off-road marathon, taking in a few more technical sections than my one in October.
  4. Do one road half marathon (training road or race). I haven’t ran more than 18km on the road since late 2017 I think; the ten miler for the challenge series last summer was my longest.

Anybody else want to share theirs?

14 Likes

Go sub 20.

7 Likes

To go half marathon distance in one go. Only got as long as 18k last summer.

2 Likes

Find the charging cable for my suunto

10 Likes

my goal is to get back to running sub 45 min 10k. *

*if my knees hold up

2 Likes

Half marathon cc @caulifloweredneanderthal

1 Like

Do two marathons, Cork and Dublin.

2 Likes

Both will be virtual I’d imagine this year?

Unrelated but have you don’t the boyne cycle before?

I haven’t mate. It’s quite bumpy apparently , some shitty roads

1 Like

Limerick is defo virtual, down to do the half for that. No word around Cork or Dublin yet

forget about any events in Ireland this year, the lockdown fanatics have won

7 Likes

Can’t see either of them happening tbh

1 Like

6000 clicks on the bike. Improve the average speed and hopefully get a trip down to Italy to climb the Stelvio.

11 Likes

Lovely hurling :+1:

I really want to spend more time on the bike this year. Restrictions sucked any go in me last year

1 Like

Have you got zwift ?

Can’t be bothered. I’d spend too much time on it if I had it. There’s no wind blowing in the garage.

1 Like

I bought an industrial fan.
I’d be interested in your time up alpe dhuez.
I’d give the stelvio a rattle maybe with you, but I fear you’d be too quick

Going up it would be grand. I’d be more worried about the descent.