2021 Running Goals

Not a fan of running. Give me a spin/circuits class any day of the week

OPEN THE GYMS

2 Likes

Ohhh a garage. Well hello Mr. Lah di Dah!

It’s filling a gap but it’s boring enough alright. I’ll be renewing my gym membership ASAP.

I did 100k with pals in Jan that kept me going but knowing you’re running down Everest for your 5ks is disheartening

2 Likes

I had a genius idea recently. I’m gonna drive down the hill to Hartys Quay and park up and run 5k,on the flat, to shut you cunts up.

5 Likes

His whole family live in it you heartless prick.

4 Likes

Amen. At least one other fast twitch muscle member on here. I’m designed for short fast bursts of intensity. Anything over 3k is boring.

4 Likes

@caulifloweredneanderthal sounds like a 1km time trial could be the next event so @Spidey & @KinvarasPassion can get involved

3 Likes

I suspect that @TreatyStones knows he can win this and has idly thrown it out there.

I’m not the one giving it big licks about fast twitch muscles…

2 Likes

He’s got no hamstrings anymore. A busted flush.

2 Likes

Harsh but true

I’ve been doing a 5k before work four days a week. More to wake up than anything else, sitting down to work without having left the house is miserable. I haven’t really noticed my speed or fitness improving as I might have expected after a few weeks of it, but feel better for the day after it at least.

3 Likes

Jump in to the challenge currently going on… You just have to log your fastest 5k before the end of the month. There’s levels for everyone… As in intermediate is sub 28… you’d be well able for that and you get the pleasure of beating @Bandage also. Premier intermediate is sub 25… there’s sick cunts going sub 20

I don’t time it or have a watch to track it. I generally drag myself out of bed, drink a glass of water, run about 500m to my start point, stretch (quad hamstrings groin), run 4k, stretch, and jog back home. I’m sure I’d do under 25 without much difficulty, I’d be nowhere near 20.

I can only bring a horse to water… You could always bring your phone in a zip pocket

Where is the zen in that? for christ.

1 Like

Zen is internal.

It’s on an app on the phone probably.

1250km in the calendar year
10 miles in one go

I’d like to add an elevation challange also, is there any easy way on strava to check what I did last year (apart from adding up one by one)

3 Likes