2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

You’re the one to talk, just because you’ve been handed your arse it isn’t my fault.

This kind of shite boils my head. Some moron of a slack wearing hanger on butting his way in on top of the referee and reckoning he can speak for the actual players with his ““we” won’t be back on the pitch”
Now he thinks he’s a hero.
Grow up, and have some class and decency. There are points called wide that are over, and over that are wide fairly regularly in games across the country. To state that the players won’t take the field is a moronic threat. I absolutely hate that sort of bully boy from behind the printer tactic. Derry had one ruled wide at a fairly critical time in the first half which looked over both on looking at it, and on Hawkeye. They haven’t complained or threatened mass boycott since. The Galway players didn’t complain too much at the time, just got on with it, and they almost certainly wouldn’t have scored the point immediately afterwards on the stroke of half time had the 45 been correctly awarded.

You’re way off there. A quality administrator who knows when to butt in is worth his weight in gold. He made sure that was sorted before his county could be done over. It was tremendous administrating.

5 Likes

If it’s not the job of the chairman/secretary to represent his county’s view in that situation, I can’t think who else is supposed to do it. Fair difference between a random situation in any ordinary match and this one where there was clear proof the hawkeye system was at fault

1 Like

You want, nae NEED, the Chairman/Secretary stepping in there. Fuck me, could you imagine Frank in that situation?

Anyhow, where does the printer come into the scenario? :man_shrugging:t2:

I reckon the heat is getting to him.

Derry have a long record of being patsies in that sort of situation.

2 Likes

What do ya think Seán :laughing:

Galway will give them a good rattle I think like in the game played in heavy rainfall back in 2008. Think that may have been something like 1-21 to 1-16 in the end.

I’ll predict Kerry 1-18 Galway 1-14 this time but I hope I’m wrong and the Tribesmen bring it home. I’ll be firmly behind them on Sunday. This Kerry team are relatively beatable.

Kildare and Meath were massive favorites in 98 and 01. They just had to tog out. If I was a betting man I’d be checking what the odds are on Sunday

1 Like

3 Likes

Galway were a division 2 team this year. Kerry eat teams of that level.

Dublin are a Division 2 team.

It wasn’t. It was good to query it. To speak on behalf of the players saying they wouldn’t start the second half is the kind of bollox you’d get from a Gort publican, and look how that went.
To state the players wouldn’t take the field is what I’m getting at here. If I was a player I would most certainly take the field regardless. I’d reserve the right to bitch for a generation afterwards though.

2 Likes

I’ll give you that. He didnt need to open his mouth about it.

The Joe Cooney non goal in 85 final.

Portly councillor from adjoining county recognises ham factory owner……
Must be an Irish thing.

All Galway winning teams that I’ve seen had a very potent spine to their attack - Purcell/Stockwell, Mattie Mac/Cleary, Fallon/Joyce and these pairs were proficient scorers. While I’m sure that Comer will keep his end up Tierney will have to up his performance from the last day to make the Beast tick. Of course this is well within his reach as he was excellent in the q/f.
“He has it in his locker Ger”"………Fuck all good in the locker, it’s between the lines is where it’s at.

4 Likes