2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

John Costelloe wrote the book …

1 Like

What way is the ticket situation looking for this?

Was that the absolute dinger of a match? One of those games that would give you some faith in Gaelic Football as a sport and a spectacle?

Twas. A torrential downpour. Quinn’s flooded from the rain. Declan O’Sullivan and Meehan were immense on the day.

Meehan kicked around 10 points from play off Mark O’Se that day.

Galway legend Liam Sammon in charge at that time. A purist.

Total football. A wonderful spectacle.

Galway then axed Sammon for Joe Kerman presumably on big wages. Tried to impose a Northern style on a traditional county. Not that there’s anything wrong with the Northern style.

Northern football nearly destroyed Galway until PJ exorcised the demons

3 Likes

Push comes to shove, a fully firing, injury free Declan O’Sullivan was the best player on the Kerry team of that era.

3 Likes

My top 3 would be:

Donaghy

Declan

Gooch

1 Like

Thin on the ground

1 Like

Galvin was up there for me

I agree but not as good as the others for me.

What about Maurice?

This has all the potential to be a cracking game of ball. The best two teams in the land have reached the final, which is all you’d want as a neutral.

Could it be said that Galway are in bonus country? How many would have had them as finalists at the start of proceedings? They’re there on merit and will be hard bate.

I just think that if it’s a shootout or a dogtight, Kerry may just have the edge.

He wasn’t in that team.

Absolutely, but that doesn’t mean we don’t think we can win it.

1 Like

Ye certainly can and the best of luck.

1 Like

AIF are hard to come by. Need to win them when ye get there. Could come back next year even better and be caught on a day and be knocked out in an all ireland QF

1 Like

Joe was getting helicoptered in iirc. Tigerish.

1 Like