2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

McStay?

1 Like

Did Clifford score much?

Jack O’Connor has some record

I’ll have a stab at a Team Of The Year.

Ethan Rafferty
Chrissy McKaigue
Jason Foley
Brendan Rogers
Brian O’Beaglaioch
John Daly
Gavin White
Paul Conroy
Cillian McDaid
Ciaran Kilkenny
Stefan Campbell
Paudie Clifford
Damien Comer
David Clifford
Shane Walsh

D. Clifford FOTY.

I haven’t picked him but Sean O’Shea will be picked ahead of Soupy. Tom O’Sullivan will probably hang on too. Tadhg Morley might be fitted in somewhere in the half back line. Rian O’Neill has a shout.

A good year for full backs. Foley, Rogers, Sean Kelly and Mick Fitzsimons all have claims on an All-Star.

That was a shite final. N’are a goal. The best efforts Kerry had were dropping down bombs from 50 yards on the Galway keeper. Two defensively minded outfits who didn’t play bar for about 10/15 minutes in the 2nd half. Bar Walsh and Clifford who were both outstanding there were only 3/4 other players who played to potential. The whole thing was ruined by RTE letting Spillane take over the whole thing with everyone in studio kissing his arse. His final diatribe about Kerry saving football was sickening considering this is the worst Kerry all Ireland team I’ve seen. If he had any decency he would have announced his decison to step away next week and go quietly away.

4 Likes

Again scoreline incorrect but margin of victory spot on. Kerry by 4 despite my support for the Galweigans.

Not a hope. A watery fucker who is severly overrated due to the fact he gives interviews and can kick 6 points against cannon fodder. Glass a far superior midfielder.

1 Like

Decent game Better team lost I felt

1 Like

Glass had a shocker against Galway which might have put paid to his All-Star. Looked good against Clare though.

No excuses. they left it all out there The Armagh game and short season caught up with us. Absolut pride in this team. I got a selfie with Pete Finnerty earlier on too

3 Likes

I’d agree with all that. I felt just watching it on television that it lacked real intensity and bite. You obviously had the masterclass up front from the two gifted marquee players but outside of that, it didn’t have much to recommend itself as a game.

One observation I would make from attending the hurling final last week is that without the minor final (or any curtain raiser) the split season All Ireland Final feels like just another game now and not an event or occasion. Not many may have paid all that much attention to the minor final but once it was on, you still had most patrons entering the ground early. The jubilee team would have come out to a near packed stadium. Traditions like that on All Ireland Final Day and the few words from the Archbishop of Cashel and Emily are every bit as important to the GAA as Abide With Me on FA Cup Final day or the choirs singing for hours before a test rugby match at Cardiff Arms Park.

8 Likes

The jubilee teams should be rolled out at HT. No need for the primary school kids at ht. Can you imagine Davy Fitz being the ultimate pantomine villian being presented at HT last week before 80k people instead of the 6/7k he was introduced to last week.

7 Likes

If the match was played in 4 weeks time it would have been a much better game.

2 Likes

A fairly rubbish final. Shane Walsh is some of stuff

3 Likes

Counties like Kerry, Mayo and Donegal who’d have a lot of players living/studying/working outside of the county would traditionally have been able to get a lot more players home over the summer months and do a lot of intensive training over July and August. That dynamic was obviously lost this year.

1 Like

Word is today was is last game in the Maroon, JP has the cheque book out to bring him home

1 Like

The Jubilee team getting downsizied to an empty stadium is some indignity

5 Likes

The inter county stuff is out of the way now. There’s a real whiff of Pol Pot Khmer Rouge anti-intellectualism, anti-elitism about it all.

1 Like

I dont agree on the split season comment, as the minor final not on today has nothing to do with a split season, but do agree on no minor game having an effect on the day. The ground wasnt even half full when the teams came out just before 3pm. Now i know the roar has been known to scare players, but its one of the great things about the day is the teams coming out. But with nothing on, there is no reason for patrons to turn up until the game is juat throwing in. There needs to be another game on. Maybe the Tailteann cup game might help boost that or something

2 Likes

We are in such a rush to get the season over the teams don’t even have time to parade fully around the pitch.

2 Likes