2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

Has there ever been a minor who gave such an exhibition? I can’t think of any.

Here’s a memory of my own, a great contribution.
10 whole minutes to make a name for a lifetime. A stone dud afterwards…

James madden is meant to an unreal footballer …

Seán is a top-class referee. I’m not going to question anything that Seán Hurson’s going to do on the day. He’s going to do his job and he’s a man of integrity. Whether he’s friendly with Paddy Tally or not doesn’t matter.

Jesus if Dublin got the late decisions Kerry got in semi final and final there would be war :rofl: puts “Dublin Joe” in the shade

3 Likes

Kerry team had to call in to Kerry Group in Kildare on the way home too

Jim Stynes…

Did Clifford get a touch of the ball after he scored his last point from play?

Are Fossa junior in Kerry? You’d imagine having the two Clifford’s alone would give them a huge boost at club level.

Reminds me of St Patrick’s in Limerick being in the 4th tier despite having Hego and his younger brother.

Junior football in Kerry is still a very high standard with the way their championships are structured

1 Like

Remember Na Gaeil rocked on to play Mullinahone in the Munster Junior Club with Jack Barry and Diarmuid O’Connor midfield.

Just reading there that Sean Kelly was at the helm as chairman of the Kerry county board for most of the famine (1986-1997). You’d wonder how he ended up as president of the entire association after such a poor strike rate in the Kingdom.

Nicky Brennan Is the last gaa president I could name

Philly McMahon Joe brolly and to a lesser extent Spillane is a box office combination. Philly is ideal as a pundit in that he has a massive ego, is hugely divisive and doesn’t give a fuck who he upsets.

3 Likes

There was a fella here once who would have explained to you what a fraud Kerry grading was.

There are very few actual clubs senior those that are, are townie monster clubs like Crokes or Stacks generally and the odd freak like templenoe.

You’d have clubs win the intermediate. Then win the all ireland intermediate and they’d struggle to stay up a season.

There are massive negatives with the divisional teams, but it takes away any need to leave your club and also offers a showcase for any lad thats good enough regardless of his clubs level

2 Likes

Do Templenoe even have a second team? Tiny population isn’t it? Think I remember Pat Spillane saying one time that they don’t even have a feeder primary school.

Supposedly they won’t even have a first team in ten years. Freak crop at the minute. Very tight panel. Ounce of breeding etc

Spillanes pub is about it.

I’d say there’s max 750 people living there.

Where in Kerry is it?

Near Kenmare.

1 Like