2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

Maybe his significant other is from Dublin and he plans on settling down there. If that is the case, then fair enough. If not, then it’s poor form.

Think he’s dating Heather Cooney the Galway camogie player.

2 Likes

There’s a big carrot being dangled

I waa thinking that. Doesn’t constitute permanent residency

2 Likes

I don’t think you can ignore the ‘out of sight, out of mind’ point. You’d lose touch with anything if you are away from it for 6 or 7 months on end.

I have heard of a few county players planning on going travelling this autumn and missing club championship which is a little disappointing.

A window needs to be created late April/early May where players must be released back to clubs to play a few League games and give them a break from the monotonous Inter county environment.

That & Covid….

Clubs were never in as healthy states with playing numbers etc.
Great local interest in games too imo. Better attendances also.

It’s a good WUM effort from himself but that’s about the truth of it.

2 Likes

Lord sweet fuck can people stop bleating about the clubs

The crescendo was it is a disgrace county championship being played in muck in november and december and not enough matches in the summer

Then nearly every county in the country is out of the championship mid June, leaving late June\July and August free for clubs and now it seems the clubs actually never wanted to play in the summer but just moan about the fact that they couldnt!

11 Likes

The ones moaning aren’t the club players and supporters. Try to keep up with the conversation

2 Likes

Some gymnastics required to tie that together

Kilmacud are a bad shower

Did you play all 3?

Gaa taken far too seriously at club level. Can understand senior teams replicating inter county approach but happens at all levels. Drink bans, training 3 and 4 nights a week etc

2 Likes

In rubby or soccer you can choose to play with a pub club or a serious club in GAA your born into your club.

Most players know you have to be right for August, September and October if your lucky. Most young lads these days go gym or a run 3/4 times a week in the offseason.

It’s gas how lads who don’t play are the ones that say it’s gone too serious :joy:

2 Likes

We’re a box office club for a marquee player.

Shane Walsh should have just continued to play shit for Galway if he was going to do the bollox like that.

@BruidheanChaorthainn is right though, no intercounty player has ever transfered to a club in Dublin before. It must be something to do with the split season

1 Like

They just completed the 7’s/15’s All Ireland double today.

A taxi driver in Cork told me the reason Cork hurling is gone to fuck is that the city clubs can’t poach culchie players as handy anymore due to some rule change. And also its handy get home now whereas before it wasn’t.
He reckoned the transfers in brought the big Cork clubs to a savage standard and that fed back into the county team.
He was both a taxi driver and from Cork though. So probably all lies

5 Likes

I played all 3 of them over the years :man_shrugging:

There you are again, not knowing what you are talking about but doing it furiously regardless

2 Likes

He has a point to an extent. The standard is diluted due to too many senior clubs. If all the best players were on 5 or 6 teams, it would raise the standard and feed into county team. His point is back up by the dominance of cork clubs during the period he references:

In addition, lots of promising lads drop off after minor. Young lads now prefer going to gym etc., as its more flexible and for some less stressful. This problem is not unique to Cork.

Also, there is a snobbery with regards to selection, with a bias towards nice nippy skillful players.

1 Like