2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

He doesn’t come from Kerry, doesn’t live in Kerry and has no connection to Kerry.

If he wants to move to Kerry, fire away and let him play for them if he wants. That’s what Larry Tompkins did. Nobody saw a problem then.

Walsh lives in Dublin. So why shouldn’t he be allowed play for a Dublin club?

I think he should be allowed play for a club in Dublin and the Dublin county team if he wants. I don’t think he should be allowed play for a club in Dublin while continuing to play for Galway

2 Likes

There is a famed hurling school in Cork City who fell on hard times but were making a resurgence in recent years. This was primilarily due to the teachers who were promoting hurling in the school. They were doing this for nothing, like volunteers up and down the country.

Then a nearby fee paying school started poaching their best players. The same teachers became disillusioned and many walked away.

This is a microcosm of the Walsh transfer. If the fee paying school did not approach players offering ‘scholarships’, hurling would be thriving in the school.

8 Likes

You just don’t get it fella.

9 Likes

I detest Johny Murphy but was absolutely delighted with the job he made of this years Harty cup quarter final.

2 Likes

So was every other school in Cork.

1 Like

He comes from Galway. Why shouldn’t he continue to play for Galway if he wants? Loads of county players play or have played for clubs in counties other to the one they represent.

The authoritarian streak is really coming out now.

I think I remember somebody else saying that. There were a lot of things he didn’t get.

Was there an outcry like this when Brian Talty transferred to Parnells?

I’d say hundreds if not thousands of gaa players have made the exact type of switch Walsh is seeking to make how is this so different? Loads of players eg Michael donnellan even switched within counties which is surely much worse. If treatystones is right and college students can’t transfer the whole thing is dead in the water anyway.

We can be zero embarrassing himself yet again on a serious GAA matter lads are worse for engaging with him

1 Like

Clonberne to Dublin is 179km. Is the development of the road system at such a level this is now classed as “nearby”?

Dublin to Salthill is 211km and he’ll do that no bother 3 or 4 times a week

1 Like

Jack O Shea played for Leixlip for years I don’t recall ever hearing a peep about it.

3 Likes

To play devils advocate for a minute he’d be getting expenses when travelling home for Inter County training but probably wouldn’t for Club training.

With the cost of diesel the way it is i do think clubs will need to start giving lads coming from far away places something to put towards Fuel.

1 Like

Donellans transfer was a disgrace. 2 wrongs don’t make a right:

I know loads of lads living in Dublin, working in Dublin full time who then transfer.

Walsh will prob train 100+ times in Galway next year, all he has to do is play another 5/6 games with them. An intermediate title with them is as good as 10 with Crokes.

1 Like

I wasn’t alive at the time but its very different these days. Did Jack O’Shea even have to bother to go down for training with Kerry? Shane Walsh will be travelling to Galway 3 or 4 times a week 9 months a year and then can’t be bothered turning up 5 or 6 times in total in the few months after that

1 Like

He’s prepared to travel between Dublin and Galway because he wants to play county football for Galway. He would rather not have to travel for the rest of the season, which would mean year round travel, and who could blame him. He’s the one making the effort, not you. He should be allowed make his own decisions to suit his own life, not have useless bureaucrats in the GAA dictate to him.

I strongly doubt Kilkerrin/Clonberne would drop him if he said he can’t make it back for trainings. I’d imagine they’d be very understanding about it