2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

I’d also imagine they would give him diesel money if needs be.

He’s not too bright it appears

The useless bureaucrats are the reason there is a GAA club in every parish in the country, and the majority of them thriving and subsequently the reason the intercounty game is so strong and popular

6 Likes

I don’t remember me being so vocal when Seamus O’Carroll transferred from Cappagh to Castleknock

1 Like

I don’t think he is. He was in a Supervalue Instagram add last year that was so odd it was weird.

The simple solution to this is Walsh plays with the Dubs.

3 Likes

Some cunt in his ear above in Ballybrit with a few pints on him the week after losing an AI.

That’s grand. Should all transfers of players between clubs be banned, so?

It’s always happened and the rules allow it.

Donal Vaughan changed clubs to their nearby rivals in Mayo a couple of years ago.

He got a teaching job in crokes catchment area

2 Likes

I think you should be banned from playing for your own county if you have transferred to a club in a different county. I have no problem with Shane Walsh or any other player moving to Dublin and playing for Kilmacud or whichever club is closest to where they live

I doubt Walsh will be travelling back for every Galway session and when he does he’ll be in a bus with a few other Dublin based players like Mayo did.

Niall Finnegan switched to Sylvester’s back in the day but continued to play with Galway. I saw with my own eyes though, him training like a dog in Dublin on his own. I think he was training to be or working as a solicitor at the time.

The optics aren’t great for this though given club championship is about to start. Dublin clubs are on a hiding to nothing when inter county lads train or play with them. It would be bad form to tell them to walk away especially if they’re living in the area.

3 Likes

What other jack o Shea’s has their been down the years? Fellas who transferred club but kept playing for home county.
Frank Cummins BlackRock/Kilkenny
Neil Finnegan st Sylvester’s/ Galway
Kieran mcgeeney na Fianna/Armagh

That seems very authoritarian and would lead to a lot of county teams becoming weaker. It’s almost like a rule proposed for a laugh by a cheeky Dub who wants to make other counties weaker for Dublin’s benefit.

Whatever amount of times he goes back to training in Galway it will still be more than he’ll have to go back to his club.

The timing is horrendous altogether. I have also been told he’s very stupid though so maybe not surprising.

Brian Kavanagh from Longford was teacher too

Bernard Flynn - St Joseph’s (Laois) later Mullingar Shamrocks/Meath
Damien Cassidy - Sarsfields (Armagh)/Derry

Most would then stick with their own clubs I’d wager.

Shane Walsh leaving Kilkerrin is also leading to them becoming weaker.

Seems only fair

Seamus O’Carroll - Limerick / Castleknock