2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

So is the school year and Walsh is about to start as a teacher … fcukwits like the Laois basement dweller will always froth at the mouth over anything Dublin but there’s really nothing to see here …I’d guess crokes won Dublin last year and got to all Ireland final with 15 starters who came up through the ranks

1 Like

Again hardly a peep about the likes of this. These lads often rejoin their home club eventually too. Very strange this is causing controversy. Maybe it’s because Walsh looks like a shaper and has highlights in his fringe.

1 Like

Its obviously because he was just the best player in the All Ireland Final a week ago ffs

1 Like

If he’s finished his studies and starting a full time job he’s entitled to the transfer so.

1 Like

Is that a placement or full time position? If latter, then that is fair enough.

1 Like

When I saw that quiff I deemed him to be weak of character, and so it appears to have transpired.

Such is life. Perhaps there should be a rule that nobody should be allowed leave rural areas at all, never mind in a GAA context?

1 Like

He was a guard in Blanch so even getting him to train/play with us was a challenge given shifts let alone back to Cappagh. He also won me a few hundred quid pinging frees v an Alan Brogan enraged Plunketts so he’s a FOTF

6 Likes

One of your points just a second ago was that it would lead to many counties becoming weaker :joy:

I think the same Timmy Cummins that featured in the video of Galballys win on the Roasters thread the other day transferred to Sylvesters too around that time … don’t remember a whole lot of fuss at time neither …

1 Like

Kilkerrin are All Ireland ladies football champions.

You’d be hoping this would inspire Walsh to bring the mens team back Senior, then this.

In his Sponsored Car?

His own club are actually coming out of it as total cunts if all is as it seems. Hes doing what absolutely countless players have done through the years. He’s not joining anything resembling a rival and I’m sure he’s probably ploughed away with his intermediate club since he was about 16 been abused when he didn’t win games on his own, taken constant physical punishment and they hang him out to dry in the media like that. He’s obviously not well liked in which case hard to blame him leaving either.

He puts in a transfer form a week or 2 before the start of championship and the club are meant to be happy enough with it after probably slogging themselves for months thinking they’d have him :joy:

I don’t see any contradiction. You’re proposing putting a draconian rule in place which will make counties weaker. It would ban players from playing for their home county if they leave it, or force them to take on astronomical commitments of time and energy which would seriously disrupt their lives.

People leaving rural areas is a fact of life. What you are proposing to do is to ban them from contributing to the communities to which they move unless they also renounce their home county.

De Bruin - Limerick/Friries

Limerick had a few going back Paddy Barrett - Clonakilty
Eugene Leonard RIP - Castleisland

Then Maurice O’Brien transfered up to hurl with the Dubs. David Reidy hurled with Kildare but that was on the poor mans rule. Stayed with his club and transfered county.

Declan Darcy

That fella from Cavan who went to Kildare.

All the Leixs

Larry Thompson and the other fella from Cork

Tis a dance as old as time really

With Talty as manager they won championship in 1996. Talty thanked them for his kitchen in his speech at the club :joy:

3 Likes

There’s a massive contradiction. You’re worried about counties getting weaker but then when the player leaves the club you don’t give a fuck that they get weaker

Tbf to those lads. Galbally to Dublin in those days was a 5 hour drive. I believe Timmy did well for himself up there professionally

1 Like

He was a tidy footballer with sylvesters