2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

Donegal had lost two out of last three matches. They will still make playoffs with a win this weekend. I have a pal playing with McAnespies who will be marking Mannion if they meet in final (which is likely).

1 Like

Every inter-county manager who is managing a county other than their home one should presumably be banned from their home club under @the_man_himself’s rationale.

Managing is not the same as playing

1 Like

Maybe so but if they were living, working and playing club football in the county then I’d be agreeable with such an arrangement. O Dwyer joined Rathangan who were his local club rather than one of the big teams.

The Going rate for 27 years :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Mannion has a new job to come home to. He is fairly career focused so I’d say he’ll tell Donegal Boston to stuff their championship final.

2 Likes

He’ll get a pair of cargo shorts and ray bans

6 Likes

It’s a shitty request at a shitty time.

He should see out his campaign with a bit of respect for the club that trained him up.

Fuck off then when season is done, but Crokes probably don’t want it that way.

The thoughts of mannion and Walsh playing together is mouthwatering… neither too fond of taking a mark either , it will be proper free flowing skills on show …

2 Likes

You’d imagine Galway management would be happier with him playing for his club, rather than subjected to a potentially long and tough club campaign with Crokes.

1 Like

You say a manager with no connection to a county - who is not a member of a club in that county, should be allowed manage that county.

But yet you say that any player playing for a club in a county other than their home county should not be allowed play for their home county?

In other words, a total outsider is fine, but an actual native is not?

And all because one is a manager and the other a player?

Got it in one

3 Likes

Ludicrous double standards.

Managing is not nearly the same as playing mate

Taking a wedge to manage another county is not nearly the same as a player from the county wanting to play for the county.

Bizarrely, you only want to discriminate against the latter.

As I said managing is not even close to being the same as playing

But it’s irrelevant. If you were serious when you say county players should be banned from playing for a club outside their own county because that club is near to where they actually live, then it makes no sense to continue to operate a wild west in terms of chequebook managers.

He’ll pull one of those off, not so much the other.

Poor aul Crokes, can’t be easy trying to mould a corner forward of your own, for every Mannion there’s probably a dozen Mark Vaughans

Split season at fault here. No way would he go looking for this transfer the third week in September.

We’ve been duped

Some lads have been banging a drum….