2022 All Ireland football final - The Yerras V The Fancy Dans. Name your kitchen

The club championship formats and inter county formats are different.

I’ve little issue with as many grades as you like at club level.

The 1990’s had three winners outside of the traditional three. Clare, Wexford and Offaly and Limerick contested finals
The 2010’s have had three winners outside of the traditional three. Clare, Galway and Limerick and Waterford contested finals.

We literally just had a decade like the 90s again and this one is looking promising too

1 Like

There is no point engaging that lad on GAA matters. He just wants to see the world burn.

1 Like

Some shite talk.

There have been three round robin seasons so far.

Of the “bigger counties”

Cork have never made the final.
KK have never won the final
Tipp didn’t get out of their group twice. Won it once*

The GAA is fucked lads. Fucked

@BruidheanChaorthainn has hit the nail on the head.

Waterford’s record in the round robin is Played 12 Won 1 Drawn 1 Lost 10.

Waterford would by some distance have the smallest playing pool in Munster. The round robin mini blitz is largely about squad depth and attrition with games coming thick and fast. Like just about every change to the hurling and football championship over the past 20 years, the change has strengthened the hand of the big guns. Once Waterford started picking up the injuries again this year - Jamie Barron, Callum Lyons, Conor Prunty, Iarlaith Daly they were goosed.

A billionaire sugar daddy to bankroll operations would be handy as well and the backroom team as large as the playing squad that can finance. Waterford County Board are more or less relying on selling raffle tickets to keep the show on the road. Liam Cahill was pretty much taking care of the strength and conditioning and fitness side of things himself, with car crash consequences.

The format that prevailed from 2002-17 and in 2020 and 2021 suited Waterford just grand. A match ever 3 weeks or so. You were more or less guaranteed 3 matches and the gap between games facilitated the usual more minor injuries and knocks.

3 Likes

I’ll engage, flesh that out properly there.

It was largely his call to run the shit out of them for the few weeks between the Limerick and Cork matches with disastrous consequences. That Mick O’Dwyer wire to wire stuff was grand 30-40 years ago, but things have moved on.

I see, you are bullshitting

1 Like

Every team has injuries Cian Lynch twice hurler of the year Peter Casey Kyle Hayes was injured and CON also out you’re only making excuses ala Dictionary the team that beat them will go up the steps of the Hogan Stand it was a long list by the time Dec finally did it

1 Like

You’re just making things up now stick to association football as an English man

If you don’t agree with my point that the round robin system is patently unsuitable for Waterford, the county with by far the smallest pick in Munster and that Waterford don’t have a billionaire sugar daddy, bankrolling operations, that’s your prerogative. The facts over the last 20 seasons and Round Robin Seasons -v- Non Round Robin Seasons bear out a different story. In the 17 seasons of 2002-17 and 20-21 of knock out provincial and qualifiers and no round robin, Waterford made 12 of 17 All Ireland semi finals and another 2 quarter finals. The 3 seasons of round robin have constituted Waterford’s worst 3 seasons of the past 20 years. They’ve won 1 out of 12 round robin games and have had a huge attrition rate with injuries and attendant fielding of weakened teams.

A bit long winded mate….

I questioned this, remember?

“ Liam Cahill was pretty much taking care of the strength and conditioning and fitness side of things himself, with car crash consequences. “

I’ve elaborated on this point at length on the Waterford thread. The week between the Cork and Clare games I said that Cahill was toast, that he’d lost the dressing room, a point that I re-iterated any number of times over the long drawn out 8 or 9 week period, before he moved on. I was largely derided for such comments. The biggest problem in Waterford this year was the cumulative effect of nearly 3 years of been run into the ground, which very much came from the top. Senior players were voicing their concerns and misgivings from early in the year and it fell completely on deaf ears.

What makes the gaa greet is dying even faster thanks to the split season.

Just look at Clare in the all Ireland semi final. Emptied themselves to make a semi.

Stick to cricket tan boy.

Two wins will nearly always get you through the round robin… Tipp could have managed it with one win. If you cant manage two wins …

The Blaas had a three week break this year and came back and lost to a weak Cork on their own patch. Waterford’s problem is mental weakness, not physical fitness.

1 Like

A bit of hard training and they turning on the manager…bunch of pansies

1 Like

The Kilkenny boys absolutely detested their manager, especially the Ballyhale lads, do you think that stopped them?

1 Like